The Girl Who Played With Fire-2009

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Having watched and thoroughly enjoyed The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, my wife and I rented its sequel last night and I must say we were intrigued. This carries the story into this sequel and it flows like one story. All of the characters in the first movie are back portraying their original roles with Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace in the lead roles

A very simple story line but filled with suspense makes this a worth while watch especially if you have seen the first movie in this trilogy.

Storyline:
As computer hacker Lisbeth and journalist Mikael investigate a sex-trafficking ring, Lisbeth is accused of three murders, causing her to go on the run while Mikael works to clear her name. Mikael Blomkvist, publisher of Millennium magazine, has made his living exposing the crooked and corrupt practices of establishment Swedish figures. So when a young journalist approaches him with a meticulously researched thesis about sex trafficking in Sweden and those in high office who abuse underage girls, Blomkvist immediately throws himself into the investigation.

The film is just over two hours and it will hold the viewer's attention.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really liked it too Steve. I can't wait to see Hornet's Nest for the conclusion. Too bad we lost Stig so early.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Stieg Larsson (1954–2004)
Writer
Trivia: Witnessed a rape when he was 15, and was helpless to stop it. This event haunted him for the rest of his life. The girl being raped was named Lisbeth, which he later used as the name of the heroine on his Millenium trilogy. Sexual violence against women is also a recurring theme in his work.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing