Sonus faber Aida Debut

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...has anyone heard this who is here to comment?

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
just heard it 2 days ago, and yesterday put a lot of timing for positioning both for nearfield and far listening positions. It is just absoulet beauty to listen to. I think it is way better than the sonus faber. Soulution pre power and linn klimax as source is used for demoing.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow! Hi Emre! Congrats on hearing the Aida...when you get some time, it would be great for the many of us who cannot find a place to hear it...to describe in more detail how it compares to the SF, Alexandria, or to describe the qualities of the sound you heard. Thanks!

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River

Sonus faber Aida set up in Room Zero at Stereo Exchange in Manhattan.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As expected, another handsome loudspeaker from Sonus Faber.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
The Walnut versions look terrific....almost making me want to trade in my GH's.....:eek::eek:

Thank God they wouldn't fit in my room, because the wife would KILL me..:D

Jeff Fritz

[Industry Expert]
Jun 7, 2010
I think Sonus Faber has really improved their designs recently. They have a strong engineering team there now and are not afraid to try some innovative approaches. My feeling is that these current models are the most advanced Sonus speakers ever, but keep the qualities that Sonus owners covet.

I have the Amati Futuras arriving this week for review.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think Sonus Faber has really improved their designs recently. They have a strong engineering team there now and are not afraid to try some innovative approaches. My feeling is that these current models are the most advanced Sonus speakers ever, but keep the qualities that Sonus owners covet.

I have the Amati Futuras arriving this week for review.

FWIW, I totally agree. I heard the Amati Futuras (and commented on them somewhere here)...they are my favorite Amati by far of the 3 generations. It has far greater alacrity, much, much, much greater discipline in the bass, punch, drive and (i believe) extension (or certainly perceived extension). And it retains the 'midrange magic' qualities of the SF family heritage. It feels like SF voicing put through a more engineered cabinetry...better resonance control, tighter delivery, etc.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I plan on going to Arizona with Marty to hear the Aida side by side the XLF when the dealer had both in house

And yes Frantz this speaker is wonderful in every way

Steve - Please POST!...as soon as you have heard your "shoot-out" between XLF and Aida!!!!! ;)

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
Steve - Please POST!...as soon as you have heard your "shoot-out" between XLF and Aida!!!!! ;)

it would be magical if you also can include Magico Q7 to the shoot-out...

Steve Williams

From the Sonus Faber Blog site.......

seems John Atkinson liked the speaker as much as we did

John Atkinson, chief editor of the prestigious American magazine ‘Stereophile’ and one of the best-known and most authoritative reviewer in the world has uttered just the following words: ‘…..the best loudspeaker in the last 10 years….”.

http://www.sonusfaber.com/blog/en/articolo_completo.php?id=83

phillipK

Oct 23, 2010
I can't imagine him saying that. We know he reads this forum, so perhaps he can confirm... BUT let me guess, he will not.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I have no doubt that John Atkinson feels that way about the Aida because I was sitting next to him when he auditioned it and he said he absolutely loved it.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have no doubt that John Atkinson feels that way about the Aida because I was sitting next to him when he auditioned it and he said he absolutely loved it.

Really interesting. Did you agree on it? BTW, do you remember what recordings they were playing that time?

Steve Williams

and I was sitting on his other side Russ and he said the same to me

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Attachments

• aa1..jpg
    aa1..jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 384

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing