LampizatOr North America / DSG Invites you!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
We are thrilled to extend an exclusive invitation to you for a remarkable event that is set to redefine your audio experience. Destination Sound Group is proud to demonstrate products from our lines including LampizatOr, Tobian Sound Systems, Final Touch Audio, Taiko Audio and Westminster Labs.

We are particularly excited to introduce our latest technological marvel, the LampizatOr Poseidon Digital to Analog Converter (DAC). Join us for an evening of sonic innovation, where we unveil the future of audio reproduction.

Event Details:
Date: October 7, 2023

At Destination Sound Group, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of audio excellence. Our new tube based Poseidon DAC boasts cutting-edge technology that will captivate even the most discerning audiophiles. Immerse yourself in the world of precision sound reproduction as we showcase the seamless fusion of innovation and artistry.

Highlights of the Event:

In addition to the Poseidon DAC unveiling, we are excited to present some of the following equipment:

Tobian Sound Systems 12FH Horn Speakers
Taiko Audio Extreme Music Server
Westminster Labs amplification
Final Touch Audio Cable arrays

As is our tradition you can expect some surprises as well.

To secure your place at this exclusive launch party, kindly RSVP by October 1, 2023 using private message or email. Due to limited space, we encourage you to respond at your earliest convenience.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Fred A.
Destination Sound Group

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
FYI...The Poseidon is a pre-amplifier, not a dac...and you are the distributor????

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
FYI...The Poseidon is a pre-amplifier, not a dac...and you are the distributor????
I am indeed the distributor, and as such I have information most do not. ;)

The Poseidon is actually a SERIES of products. It will feature a line stage, pre-amplifier with phono and... DAC.

Hope to see some of you at our event!

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
Awesome!

Fred -- there was the other Poseidon pre-amp post where it can be outfitted w/ a built-in DAC as well? Is the standalone Poseidon DAC unit different and a higher spec than the DAC add-on?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I am indeed the distributor, and as such I have information most do not. ;)

The Poseidon is actually a SERIES of products. It will feature a line stage, pre-amplifier with phono and... DAC.

Hope to see some of you at our event!
More appropriate to lead with new Poseidon series of products, including the new Poseidon DAC, as most only know of the Poseidon as a pre-amp, don't you think?
In any case good for you

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
6J5 tubes?
Time to start another tube rolling thread!

Famester

VIP/Donor
Apr 6, 2017
Central Florida - Orlando
Best of luck on the unveiling!
More great Lampi products. :D :D :D

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Such as ?
I will allow Lukasz to chime in with more detail on his newest creation, but there is quite a bit that is special and new with the Poseidon.

It will feature a brand new next gen digital engine which we refer to in house as Engine 11P. Like the Horizon it will come in a single configuration which will have balanced, single ended and a world class volume control being implemented for the first time along with the highest input impedance and lowest output impedance of any of our dacs, which is great for driving amps. Some of you may have read the Poseidon Preamplifier review.

It will have a huge tube rolling potential, lowest tube microphonic and a sexy OLED display

The size of the DAC will resemble the beloved Pacific, but the build quality and finish will be more akin to the Horizon.

Price wise it will come in at approximately half of the Horizon's retail while providing outstanding next gen Lampi sonics.

We are very excited to get this one out there!

Reactions: Steve Williams

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Awesome!

Fred -- there was the other Poseidon pre-amp post where it can be outfitted w/ a built-in DAC as well? Is the standalone Poseidon DAC unit different and a higher spec than the DAC add-on?
No. The Poseidon DAC will incorporate the volume control and will not be configurable. It is an extremely good VC with the volume control integrated inside the tube scheme--you would not want to skip it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I will allow Lukasz to chime in with more detail on his newest creation, but there is quite a bit that is special and new with the Poseidon.

It will feature a brand new next gen digital engine which we refer to in house as Engine 11P. Like the Horizon it will come in a single configuration which will have balanced, single ended and a world class volume control being implemented for the first time along with the highest input impedance and lowest output impedance of any of our dacs, which is great for driving amps. Some of you may have read the Poseidon Preamplifier review.

It will have a huge tube rolling potential, lowest tube microphonic and a sexy OLED display

The size of the DAC will resemble the beloved Pacific, but the build quality and finish will be more akin to the Horizon.

Price wise it will come in at approximately half of the Horizon's retail while providing outstanding next gen Lampi sonics.

We are very excited to get this one out there!
can you share a photo of the oled display.

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I was invited to this event through a 3rd, party. I will not be able to attend as it's the same date as my wife's birthday, but I do have a playlist some of which you may find helpful, Check it out.

Enjoy your time with your better half. Hopefully, we will see you next time. Yep, I picked out some of the songs from your playlist and added them to my personal playlist.

Reactions: orchardaudio

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
High River, Alberta Canada
I was invited to this event through a 3rd, party. I will not be able to attend as it's the same date as my wife's birthday, but I do have a playlist some of which you may find helpful, Check it out.

How does one find this playlist on Roon? Or transfer it to Roon.
I can see it on the Qobuz player on my IPad.

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
High River, Alberta Canada
Reactions: orchardaudio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing