Sigma Power Cords Released

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
How many hours does Sigma Digital PC run-in time required ? same long as Zitron Python ?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
How many hours does Sigma Digital PC run-in time required ? same long as Zitron Python ?

We run cables for 5 days of CONTINUOUS high current burn-in. We make and sell, low cost, burn-in adapters that allow you to daisy chain power cords. Evaluating the cord during the first five days is an exercise in frustration since it changes day to day. We have found that using a fan as a load works best for burning in power cords. Hook them up in a closed room and wait five days. If the noise from a fan is a problem use a high wattage lamp.

Power cords will go through radical changes in sound quality during the first five days. After that they will gradually improve over a period of several weeks. All power cords are the same regarding burn-in.

Some people report that the Sigma's burn-in quicker but this is just because they perform at such a higher level. They will continue to improve just as all power cords do.

Gilles

Jun 5, 2014
Hi Caelin,
I would like your advice:
My question is regarding the Alpha HC power cable vs Anaconda ZiTron.
I presently use an Anaconda ZiTron on a Nagra MSA stereo MOSFET amplifier (60 watts/ch) and recently bought a second MSA for biamping.
I am wondering if I'd be better go with 2 Alpha HC PC instead of trying to get a second Anaconda for the second MSA?

Thanks a lot for your advice!

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Caelin hasn't been on this forum, or another, for a few months now.

While the Alpha HC has the new noise filtering circuitry, I suspect the Z Anaconda has better DTCD performance. If you don't feel the amp's power supply is adding excessive noise into the other gear then I would add another Anaconda. Or you can do as I did which is Z Anaconda to a Cyclops, and a Sigma HC to the amp. :)

Last edited:

Gilles

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks for this quick answer.
So I should consider getting a second Anaconda instead of getting 2 Alpha HC...
Don't you feel the Sigma HC could be "overweight" for such small amps? or the biggest cable the better for amps?
Thanks again !

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I was kidding about the Ananconda/Cyclops/Sigma combination. I edited my post to add a smiley.

I don't know what used Anacondas go for now, but they just were the TOTL power cable, and IMO work great. I probably would use the same PC on both amps for bi-amping just to have the same sonic signature on the speaker.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Self serving plug here...I have 2 Anaconda Zitrons for sale here - posted in the buy and sell forum. (I replaced them with 2 Sigma Analogs)

Gilles, I've heard your Nagra MSA's, they are wonderful amps !! The Sigma HC are likely overkill. The Sigma Analogs would be best...then I think the Anaconda Zitrons then the Alpha HC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing