Sigma Power Cords Released

ErikM

Sep 24, 2014
Jersey
Thanks so much Caelin. As regards the Devialet if I'm not going to worry about using the rear cover plate would the Alpha HC then be a good choice?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Thanks so much Caelin. As regards the Devialet if I'm not going to worry about using the rear cover plate would the Alpha HC then be a good choice?

The power inlet is pretty close to the corner and the design is pretty slim, I do not know but it still may not fit properly even without the rear cover plate so would need to be really sure before ordering.
Caveat being I used to own the 1st generation model so cannot comment about the more recent iterations although I think their power stage/input is still the same layout.

Cheers
Orb

ErikM

Sep 24, 2014
Jersey
Thanks but I'm already using a Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC.. so there is no issue with plug clearance, it's only a problem if one is trying to fit the rear cover plate..

ErikM

Sep 24, 2014
Jersey
Thank you so much Caelin, that's very thoughtful of you! FYI I have my Devialet on little footers that raise it up by about a half inch..

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Caelin

Is there a Sigma HC umbilical for the Typhon

No we are happy with the performance of the standard TYPHON UMBILICAL cable.

An umbilical based upon the SIGMA HC would need to be a longer cable and it would be far more difficult to plug-in since it is larger and stiffer than the standard cable.

Of course there is nothing stopping someone from using a SIGMA HC with a C19 connector on it from plugging it in to the TYPHON and see what happens.

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Sorry Caelin for asking this question again for clarification but for me this could be the difference between having space to mount a Sigma HC or Alpha HC on my projector. What is the bend radius from the component ie, how close to a wall can you put the component your are connecting a

a. Sigma HC
b. Alpha HC
c. Anaconda Zitron

Question 2: Does the bend radius differ depending if the IEC inlet is mounted horizontal or vertical? Usually components have horizontally mounted IEC inlets, in this case on the projector the inlet is mounted vertically.

Kumi

Oct 29, 2014
Only with the cover off.

Hi Caelin,

Thanks for you quick response.

Do you think Sigma HC is better than Sigma Digital for Devialet 250? (If not concern the price)

Besides, when will Sigma Interconnect and Speaker cables be launched?

Brgds,

Kumi

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Sorry Caelin for asking this question again for clarification but for me this could be the difference between having space to mount a Sigma HC or Alpha HC on my projector. What is the bend radius from the component ie, how close to a wall can you put the component your are connecting a

a. Sigma HC
b. Alpha HC
c. Anaconda Zitron

Question 2: Does the bend radius differ depending if the IEC inlet is mounted horizontal or vertical? Usually components have horizontally mounted IEC inlets, in this case on the projector the inlet is mounted vertically.

They need 6 inches clearance from edge of the IEC to back of cabinet or wall. They are all the same and there is no difference for orientation.

If you need better clearance get a Z-PC10 Analog or Digital. You only need about 3 inch clearance and they are much more flexible.

ErikM

Sep 24, 2014
Jersey
BTW for you Devialet owners, the word from other owners is that the Devialet's may sound better with the rear cover off anyway..

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
I am using Zitron Python to plug into my Linn Akurate DSM player.

Now I am waiting for new Linn Akurate Exaktbox (DAC) separated from Linn ADSM.

Should I keep using Python for ADSM and buy Zitron Sigma Digital PC for my new Exaktbox (DAC), or the other way round ?

P.S. both ADSM and Exaktbox are using switch based power and only the Exaktbox has analog conversion capability.

Last edited:

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
For linn new Akurate Exaktbox (DAC box with switching power supplier), what Zitron Sigma cable would be the most suitable ?

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Thanks Caelin promptly reply.

I am also using Shunyata Hydra AV, should plug the new Sigma Digital to Hydra power distribution, or directly plug to wall socket ?

P.S. I am also using Alpha Digital PC to plug into LPS for NAS and hub switch. I find Alpha digital kill the noise very effectively by plug it to wall and then my whole hydra AV also be benefit because I use zitron cobra (20A) to connected to the same wall socket.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing