Sigma Power Cords Released

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks Caelin promptly reply.

I am also using Shunyata Hydra AV, should plug the new Sigma Digital to Hydra power distribution, or directly plug to wall socket ?

P.S. I am also using Alpha Digital PC to plug into LPS for NAS and hub switch. I find Alpha digital kill the noise very effectively by plug it to wall and then my whole hydra AV also be benefit because I use zitron cobra (20A) to connected to the same wall socket.

This is what I usually recommend:

Wall outlet => Alpha-HC => Hydra
or
Wall outlet => Sigma-HC => Hydra

Wall outlet => Alpha-digital => LPS

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Dear Caelin,

Thanks for your quick reply. So my new linn Akurate exaktbox (DAC) should still be plugged into Hydra AV via new Sigma Digital PC, while keep Alpha Digital plug to wall and other wallet is Alpha HC or Sigma HC to the Hydra AV. Is that correct ?

Thanks again.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Dear Caelin,

Thanks for your quick reply. So my new linn Akurate exaktbox (DAC) should still be plugged into Hydra AV via new Sigma Digital PC, while keep Alpha Digital plug to wall and other wallet is Alpha HC or Sigma HC to the Hydra AV. Is that correct ?

Thanks again.

Yes for DAC to HYDRA and HC to wall.

I am assuming that what you call LPS is a power strip or UPS to power computer components? If yes, then the Alpha Digital will be good. The HC versions would be unnecessary since the current requirement is low.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Caelin,

First I want to state the obvious-you are a gem of a designer/manufacturer. Who else would offer so much individualized recommendations/information?

I am assuming from your comments that while the Typhon umbilical is fine, that you would recommend a Sigma HC instead of my current Alpha HC to feed my Triton. Am I correct? BTW, after an extensive break-in, I think I actually prefer the Alpha HC to my former Anaconda for the Triton.

Also I have an Alpha HC on my Spectral 260. Do you think it would be worthwhile to upgrade to a Sigma HC or Sigma Analog, even though it is not truly a high power amp?

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Caelin,

First I want to state the obvious-you are a gem of a designer/manufacturer. Who else would offer so much individualized recommendations/information?

I am assuming from your comments that while the Typhon umbilical is fine, that you would recommend a Sigma HC instead of my current Alpha HC to feed my Triton. Am I correct? BTW, after an extensive break-in, I think I actually prefer the Alpha HC to my former Anaconda for the Triton.

Also I have an Alpha HC on my Spectral 260. Do you think it would be worthwhile to upgrade to a Sigma HC or Sigma Analog, even though it is not truly a high power amp?

Agreed. Caelin is very generous and give practical recommendations to customers. I am pleased on him and will continue to buy Shunyata products.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Caelin,

The Sigma HC is a definitive upgrade from the Alpha HC on a Hydra power distributor.

While the Sigma HC will perform better than the Alpha HC on the Spectral, I am not sure that the extra cost of the Sigma is worth the performance increase. I suggest you give one a trial and see what you think.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Sigma HC is a definitive upgrade from the Alpha HC on a Hydra power distributor

I just replaced my Anaconda C19 from wall to Triton with the new Sigma HC and it packs muscle power. It'll be a few days for burn in but speaking for the pair of Sigma HC's on my amps this PC renders the image virtually holographic.

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Dear Caelin,

Due to budget concern, cannot buy 2 Sigma at ONE time. Which one upgrade path should I follow for the most effective to enjoy new Sigma technology benefit ?

Option 1. Buy 1 new Sigma HC to plug from wall to Hydra AV.

Option 2. Buy 1 new Sigma Digital to plug from new DAC (Linn Akurate Exaktbox) to Hydra.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Dear Caelin,

Due to budget concern, cannot buy 2 Sigma at ONE time. Which one upgrade path should I follow for the most effective to enjoy new Sigma technology benefit ?

Option 1. Buy 1 new Sigma HC to plug from wall to Hydra AV.

Option 2. Buy 1 new Sigma Digital to plug from new DAC (Linn Akurate Exaktbox) to Hydra.

Hm, difficult decision. Both are very significant. I would probably do the Sigma HC for the Hydra first.

It would be interesting to hear Steve's opinion since has done both.

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Hm, difficult decision. Both are very significant. I would probably do the Sigma HC for the Hydra first.

Or I consider to add Alpha HC into Option 2 (then the net investment cost would be similar to Sigma HC) and then give up the upgrade mind set for new Sigma HC to replace Alpha HC.

Last edited:

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Or I consider to add Alpha HC into Option 2 (then the net investment cost would be similar to Sigma HC) and then give up the upgrade mind set for new Sigma HC to replace Alpha HC.

If cost is an issue, then go with the Alpha Series cables on all key components. The overall system improvement would be greater than replacing any single component. .

Steve Williams

My Sigma HC for my Triton was inserted into the system yesterday after several days of burn in and I must say Caelin my first impressions were how easy the sound is presented. The sound stage becomes completely holographic with so much air around singers and musicians. The sound floor is virtually undetectable. The sound emerges from darkness. Listening to several drum improvisations that I have I must admit that the sharpness and immediacy of the sound of drum sticks striking the drums was something I haver heard before as well the decay of the sound. Give me a few more days of listening because having the pair of Sigma HC on my amp and now another Sigma HC on my Triton has produced a completely different sound than when i had my Anaconda on the Triton and the Alpha HC on my amp. I found that the Anaconda in comparison is a wonderful cable and tends to produce a somewhat softer presentation of the music whereas adding the 3 Sigma HC's to amp and Triton produced a powerful sound from top to bottom. Nothing was lacking. The Sigma IMO is an Alpha on steroids. There had been comments from individuals who had a chance to listen to the prototype of the Sigma Digital and found a satisfactory bottom end with a somewhat rolled off top end. Having now my entire system using Sigma PC's and a pair of Alpha HC's on my JL Audio Fathom subs I can say unequivocally that I have not heard anything lacking with these cables. These cables are true muscle power. I must admit that Caelin several months ago suggesting that the Alpha HC on the Triton would produce better sound than the Anaconda. I must admit that I loved the sound from the Anaconda and remained reluctant to switch. With the Sigma HC now on the Triton the best way I can describe these Sigma PC's and the way I first described my experience to Caelin is "muscle power".

For anyone looking to improve their sound system I would suggest they consider these Sigma Pc's

Steve Williams

so to answer your question and to get more bang for the buck I would indeed use the Sigma HC on the Hydra first. I have my entire front end component plugged into my Triton so I agree to try on the Hydra first. You can switch the Sigma HC from your Hydra to your amp and see which you prefer better

Either way you wont be disappointed. The release of the Sigma PC's IMO has brought my system to a whole new level

I believe that there is something to be said wrt synergy and using the same brand cabling throughout as system

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
How does my King Cobra compare to the Sigma's or Alpha's, reason to upgrade?

I went from 9 King Cobra CX's to 9 Anaconda Zitrons. About 2 years ago... The Anaconda Zitrons possessed more clarity and were more even in their portrayal of frequencies. Maybe a tad bit quicker. It was a clear upgrade in my system. From what I am reading on the Sigma's...they are even better than my Anaconda Zitrons.

Steve Williams

From what I am reading on the Sigma's...they are even better than my Anaconda Zitrons.

Far better would be the way I describe and yet the Anaconda is a superb cable. If I were to compare it to the Sigma in one word I would say it is "polite" whereas the Sigma buzzes with energy throughout the entire sound spectrum.

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
so to answer your question and to get more bang for the buck I would indeed use the Sigma HC on the Hydra first. I have my entire front end component plugged into my Triton so I agree to try on the Hydra first. You can switch the Sigma HC from your Hydra to your amp and see which you prefer better

Either way you wont be disappointed. The release of the Sigma PC's IMO has brought my system to a whole new level

I believe that there is something to be said wrt synergy and using the same brand cabling throughout a system

Thanks Steve's comment and is useful.

Can't wait for Sigma HC (because my country dealer has not received yet). So I have decided to go for Zitron Anaconda 20A (my dealer has good special offer) to plug from wall to Hydra AV first. Very noticable great improvement as a whole system upgrade, even though it hasn't been burnt in yet.

Last edited:

simoncui

Apr 13, 2014
Hi Caelin,

My Pre-amp is Spectral 30SL, do you think which cord is the best for it? (If not concern the price)
1. SIGMA ANALOG
2. SIGMA DIGITAL
3. ?TRON™ ANACONDA
Many thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing