Shunyata Omega Internet and Gemini

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
After a prolonged period away working I finally got to install my recently purchased Shunyata Omega Ethernet cable along with the Shunyata Gemini, before I installed first the Omega and subsequently the Gemini, I had a prolonged listening period to let my ears adjust again to my system (using my Solitaire P headphones as my speakers are being upgraded), so after a couple of days in went the Omega cable, and there was an immediate improvement in SQ, and not insignificant may I add, and then a day later in went the Gemini, and this is where the grinning started, the proverbial "My Oh My" immediately became apparent.

The cumulative effect was easily the biggest upgrade / Improvement I have ever experienced, I have had in the past a Synergistic Research Powercell and also a Isotek Aquarius which were both at similar price points to the Gemini, cable wise I have had mid-range offerings from both SR and Stealth, Isotek, Shunyata is imho light years better, extremely impressed.

Here are some of my notes made over the last couple of days of critical listening:

Noticeable longer decay on notes

The Tonality on instruments is easily one of the most noticeable and defining attributes I found

Dynamics on recordings improved dramatically along with Micro detail retrieval

Less Digitis which I perceive as often being due to high frequency glare

Soundstage is so much more spacious and holographic

You just "Feel" more there in the Venue or Recording Studio, a real tangible immediacy is felt

Everything just sounds more "right" in a natural and extremely engaging way and easily the nearest my system has sounded like my old Vinyl recordings

I am in absolute awe of what Shunyata Research have achieved with these products and I am now firmly down the rabbit hole with them and will eventually aim for a full loom of their cables, first will be the grounding cables for the Gemini along with a Alpha or Sigma XC power cord, expecting even more goodness to come with these adjustments in place.

Shunyata Research most certainly have some very special and artfully concocted elixir in their products, left me firmly intoxicated with the transformative effects this brings to my auditory sensors and subsequent heightened listening pleasure, Its going to take a very pleasurable while to get though my over 20.000 songs in my Playlists.

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2024 with much listening pleasure....

Last edited:

crion

Oct 29, 2014
I love that you started with the Omega Ethernet. It's really on another level. I use it mainly for balanced AES signals in a Meridian DSP system (RJ45 CAT based). But also for "Ethernet" duty off the Uptone switch to streamer which is mated via fiber to the master switch.

Gemini is an interesting modern starting block. I would love to put it on my NAS/master switch/internet modem with proper signal grounding wires.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
I love that you started with the Omega Ethernet. It's really on another level. I use it mainly for balanced AES signals in a Meridian DSP system (RJ45 CAT based). But also for "Ethernet" duty off the Uptone switch to streamer which is mated via fiber to the master switch.

Gemini is an interesting modern starting block. I would love to put it on my NAS/master switch/internet modem with proper signal grounding wires.
Hi,

I was rather stunned with the Gemini, it’s an absolute no brainer and brought a lot to the table, I am sure you would get a very nice uptick in SQ if you grounded all your network to the Gemini, they also make adapters to EJ45 connectors, along with grounding spades , XLR , RCA , BNC etc.

On a side note Uptone are soon launching the EtherRegen V2 which I believe has an improved internal clock and GB capabilities, should be very interesting, next on my shopping list is a good switch, I was thinking of the Silent Angel NX running of my P3 LPS…

regards

Reactions: Puma Cat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing