SFP Rolling? Anyone?

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone tried these cables ??

These use LCElite cables.

I read of another forum that these are killer cables.
I sure love them. Ppl just need to be sure they have an SFP transceiver that’s compatible. Cable is designed ONLY for single mode and NOT multi mode

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I sure love them. Ppl just need to be sure they have an SFP transceiver that’s compatible. Cable is designed ONLY for single mode and NOT multi mode
If you have heard the sanspot cable could you pls tell me how it compares to the CommScope?

The Finisar transceivers I've bought are single mode.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Corning manufactures the fiber used in many cables, including the one you mentioned. My guess is that it’s their ClearCurve fiber as it is their bend-resistant offering. A good choice though I’m not sure there can be much of a benefit in short runs without much in the way of bends.

I selected this as it mentioned using Corning fiber but it doesn’t appear to use ClearCurve. Maybe I’ll order an equivalent of the one you shared and see if I hear a difference. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I’m not sure I trust their listing. I believe OM4 is for use with multimode.

Last edited:

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
Has anyone tried these cables ??

These use LCElite cables.

There seems to be no "killer" here:

"They differ from many others by their proprietary Ultra Low-loss LC ferrule which reduces the insertion loss (IL) to less than .09dB (vs ordinary IL of less than .30dB). Curious to hear if this may translate into better SQ".

If you than compare it with FS:

Grade B Duplex OS2 Single Mode - B.jpg

Torben

harsheel_dbs

Mar 12, 2020
I spent some time this weekend comparing the CommScope and FS Grade B cable. Both are great, at first i preferred the FS cable but then after comparing again a few hours later, I preferred the CommScope cable. My guess is that my amps weren't fully warmed up during the initial comparison. The CommScope cable has more energy, larger soundstage and more definition. If I hadn't heard the CommScope cable, I would be happy with the FS, as it seems to have a bit more fullness in the midrange.

As always, it's system dependent. With my solid state power amp, I prefer the FS; with my tube power amp, I prefer the CommScope.

Republicoftexas69

Pretty much all good with my SFP’s Converters and f/o cables. Have been for over a year now.

Reactions: harsheel_dbs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing