RCA Living Stereo - New Reissues - Analogue Productions (QRP pressed)

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
For those without a vinyl rig, you can get the digital transfers that we did from HDtracks. Guaranteed to be hi-rez!

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I heard a couple vinyl test pressings briefly a few weeks ago. We're in for a treat!

Dre

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Just looked.... not yet. Only the Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra
We did about 30 or so titles a few weeks ago, so I'm sure they'll be up soon.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=browse_music&type=label&id=476

For those with SACD players, just about all the RCA Living Stereo Hybrid SACD titles are available on Amazon for between 9 and 13 bucks.
I have a few dozen.

I have not yet heard any PCM conversion that sounds as good as the SACD they were ripped from.

That being said, for those with no SACD playback, the downloads are an excellent option, but they will fall short of native
DSD playback. :cool:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
If one had to pick one or two vinyl releases, which would you guys recommend?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I have almost a doz. of these SACD's, great value and sound, 3ch is a nice perk.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
If one had to pick one or two vinyl releases, which would you guys recommend?

+1

I am curious to. I am mostly a chamber music, duo's, trio's, quartets...vs full scale orchestra's..prefer the intimacy of a few well recorded instruments

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I heard a couple vinyl test pressings briefly a few weeks ago. We're in for a treat!Dre

I hope these will be better than ORG (118) reissue of Prokofiev Love For Three Oranges Suite (Mercury SR90006) which is a complete disaster.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Different mastering, and $30 a pop!

Of course, no one has heard them yet, so they may well surpass the previous batch of SACDs, but heck, as you know, those are damn good.

If Analogue Productions is able to provide as much head room on these as most other AP SACD's I have, they're definitely worth $30 a pop:)

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
If Analogue Productions is able to provide as much head room on these as most other AP SACD's I have, they're definitely worth $30 a pop:)

Agree. But the first official batch was remarkably good and one third the price.

I hope they are available to hear at Newport!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
After reading this short thread I just wonder; are my SACDs good enough or do I have to repurchase them over again, and from what and where?

There is talk of the original SACDs (between $8 and $12 roughly), new SACDs at $30 a pop, original and newer LPs, and hi-res from HDTracks with PCM output (pure DSD?).

Seems to me that there is no definitive answer as to what's best.

What is the ultimate goal? ...To satisfy musically quality listeners, or to promote financial freedom, or both?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
... I am mostly a chamber music, duo's, trio's, quartets...vs full scale orchestra's...prefer the intimacy of a few well recorded instruments

Same here John. :b ...In most general; having assisted and also worked in those departments of the live recording events.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
After reading this short thread I just wonder; are my SACDs good enough or do I have to repurchase them over again, and from what and where?

There is talk of the original SACDs (between $8 and $12 roughly), new SACDs at $30 a pop, original and newer LPs, and hi-res from HDTracks with PCM output (pure DSD?).

Seems to me that there is no definitive answer as to what's best.

What is the ultimate goal? ...To satisfy musically quality listeners, or to promote financial freedom, or both?

Unless its an album that you truly consider a "must have" for your collection then seeking out better quality releases makes sense, even if its just to satisfy your own curiosity. To buy new releases just because their new is a waste IMO. I have no doubt the SACD's you have sound more than just fine.....be happy with them, be happy with the music FIRST and FOREMOST.

I have some really nice original pressings and reissue pressings that are still not considered to be the best examples, but I'm not spending the kind of money it takes to acquire them. I'm perfectly content with what I have.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing