Analogue Productions Living Stereo Releases...

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
I listened to two of the new 33 rpm vinyl reissues today from Analogue Productions of the Living Stereo Series. WOW!!!

The first was Scheherazade and the second was Pictures At An Exhibition. One of the record covers has the old marketing "Miracle Surface" in the top right corner and it is really the first thing that you notice. These pressings are remarkably quiet in terms of surface and inner groove noise. The dynamics and musicality are insanely good. I do not know if I have ever heard a better mastering or pressing of these titles.

Whatever they are doing over there at Analogue Productions pressing plant, they are doing it better than anyone else.

Cough up the bucks and get em all. I am.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
As good as they are, I prefer my 45 rpm Classic Records versions. I did order the entire subscription however and would imagine that these would be better than the classic 33's. It could also be a personal taste/preference thing. The pressings are great. Nice and quiet.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
As good as they are, I prefer my 45 rpm Classic Records versions. I did order the entire subscription however and would imagine that these would be better than the classic 33's. It could also be a personal taste/preference thing. The pressings are great. Nice and quiet.

Christian,

I have both the 180 gram and 200 gram 45 rpm Classic Records versions and the Analogue Productions are much better pressings. The 45 rpm records certainly have advantages, but they really do not compare.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian,

The 45 rpm records certainly have advantages, but they really do not compare.

These new pressings may have the noise floor advantage by a bit on the 45's. They are not as vibrant and transparent sounding...at least on my system.YMMV ;)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
These new pressings may have the noise floor advantage by a bit on the 45's. They are not as vibrant and transparent sounding...at least on my system.YMMV ;)

Agree the Analogue Prod "Tea for the Tillerman" pressing sounds overly bright in places-hints of "digital remix?" While it's extremely quiet--The Cat voice is too shreiky compared to the original UK Island--

That is better to the ears--good try though AP

BD

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Agree the Analogue Prod "Tea for the Tillerman" pressing sounds overly bright in places-hints of "digital remix?" While it's extremely quiet--The Cat voice is too shreiky compared to the original UK Island--

BD

A link to where a subscription to the Analogue Production reissues can be bought?

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

BD

BD,

I am really shocked to hear that. On my system, it is glorious, compared with all other pressings I have including the original, the MoFi, etc You might want to check your VTA.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Last edited:

ruxtonvet

Dec 13, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
I have listened to five releases. Excellent pressings and packaging. Dynamics and bass definition usually improved over the original pressings and frequently over the Classic (33, 45) and Chesky reissues. An American in Paris is a special case. Never the best recording in my opinion but this remastering is superior to previous issues. The original pressings for most of the reissues still usually have a more pleasing mid range and better ambience retrieval. Master tapes do deteriorate after 55 years. A worthwhile project.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing