Pass XS-150's

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Yes, here is one more wi like Pass labs overhere,, we se it some the best off the best.

We like Pass Labs over here too.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Great pictures Frank. Lovely system. I too have Pass (XA160.5, Xono, XP20) and SME (30/12, V-12) Have you tried the SME motor controller on the right side of the turntable away from the motor? Also, I just added a Vibraplane isolation platform under my turntable to good effect for increased isolation, though it did not make as big a difference as the one under my old SME Model 10 turntable. I can't quite tell from the photo. Is that cartridge the AirTight Supreme? Your system must sound great.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like a CA Goldfinger. :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Frank. You have one of the best existing speakers with my favorite finish for these big speakers - walnut with mat black metal parts. I see you have many tube traps - do you have any other kind of room treatment?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Congratulations Frank. You have one of the best existing speakers with my favorite finish for these big speakers - walnut with mat black metal parts. I see you have many tube traps - do you have any other kind of room treatment?

Just the tube traps. Different sizes around the room.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Great pictures Frank. Lovely system. I too have Pass (XA160.5, Xono, XP20) and SME (30/12, V-12) Have you tried the SME motor controller on the right side of the turntable away from the motor? Also, I just added a Vibraplane isolation platform under my turntable to good effect for increased isolation, though it did not make as big a difference as the one under my old SME Model 10 turntable. I can't quite tell from the photo. Is that cartridge the AirTight Supreme? Your system must sound great.

Thanks Peter. It does sound great.
Jack has it right. The cartridge is the Goldfinger Statement. Had the Transfiguration Orpheus prior but the Goldfinger was a big step up.

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
How will the pass sound like when they are not stacked on top of one another....?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
How will the pass sound like when they are not stacked on top of one another....?

I was told by Pass that it wouldn't make a difference. They were made to be stacked. They have special feet that I've never seen on amplifiers before.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing