Pass XS-150's

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I am now in negotiation to secure a pair of these. I will be giving my seller the yea or nay this coming Monday....It will probably be yea....:cool:

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Nice one Rockitman. Keep us posted!!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I know Steve....but I'm done with tubes and their care and feeding. ;) I'm so happy with SS Class A I'm going to stick with it and the synergies of having an all pass system.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Christian,

Congratulations! This is very exciting news. I can't wait to read your thoughts.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Geez- It looks like I hopped on the 'right' train.

And Steve and I are on the last train to Clarksville :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Of course I'll meet you at the station. I have nothing against solid state whatsoever. My suggestion was merely in reference to driving X-2's. I have driven mine with
Krell 650 MCX
Krell 750 MCX
Audio Research Reference 600 Mk lll
Lamm Ml 2.1
and now
Lamm ML3 Signature

I could live with any of them but if I had my way, tubes win out and finally SET trumps push-pull with X-2's

But that's just my opinion ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Of course I'll meet you at the station. I have nothing against solid state whatsoever. My suggestion was merely in reference to driving X-2's. I have driven mine with
Krell 650 MCX
Krell 750 MCX
Lamm Ml 2.1
and now
Lamm ML3 Signature

I could live with any of them but if I had my way, tubes win out and finally SET trumps push-pull with X-2's

BTW Christian, IMO your turntable sounded best when I heard it with tube amps with mep last year at RMAF

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
BTW Christian, IMO your turntable sounded best when I heard it with tube amps with mep last year at RMAF

I have only heard Christian's table once, and as Steve said it was at RMAF. The memory is still vivid.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
And Steve and I are on the last train to Clarksville :)

Well, kinda-sorta. Steve is on the single-ended train and you are on the push-pull train. I have a wonderful ARC VS115 that I'm looking to find a new home for so someone can jump on that train.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Krell 650 MCX
Krell 750 MCX
Lamm Ml 2.1
and now
Lamm ML3 Signature

The XLFs were fantastic with VTL Sigfrieds, also :)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm confident my Alexandria's are going to sound grand when I purchase XS-150's tomorrow. The decision has been made. Should have them toward the end of next week...then I'm done !!!! save for a possible digital front end upgrade next year....

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'm confident my Alexandria's are going to sound grand when I purchase XS-150's tomorrow. The decision has been made. Should have them toward the end of next week...then I'm done !!!! save for a possible digital front end upgrade next year....

Better warn your neighbors that their lights might be dimming ;)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
they only consume 500 watts per channel at full bias. That is only 200 more per channel than my XA 100.5's. Thank god I'm below ground in a man cave. The neighbors can't hear a thing, even at 4:00 AM.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing