NHB-458 monoblock power amplifier

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Hello Joe,

I answered your post in Audioaficionado, but I do not know why my answer does not appear. I'm sorry if it seemed that I did not want to answer you.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hello Joe,

I answered your post in Audioaficionado, but I do not know why my answer does not appear. I'm sorry if it seemed that I did not want to answer you.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you ! I've had that happen. I thought I posted something and for some reason nothing shows up. I'm very happy to see you both places. Have you received your CTH-8550? That will be a wonderful piece. I can't wait to read about it.

Joe

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Hi Joe,

I still have not received the CTH-8550. This month I will decide this issue, and so reach the integrated I post my adventures.

Also think it's cool to find you here. In the Brazilian forum that I frequent, there is much discussion and little relevant information.

What I liked most in this forum, is the amount of information about equipment that interest me as darTZeel, Evolution Acoustics and Playback Designs. I think this will be my setup, then just made ??up I change the integrated for pre and power, and to upgrade within the Evolution Acoustics models for TOPs.

PS. Sorry for the off topic.

Best Regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Ricardo,

Thank you my friend. There are a lot of great people here, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I realized your 8550 has not arrived yet and am excited for you. I've always wanted to hear the Evolution Acoustics speakers and I am sure they mate extremely well with Dartzeel. The Playback Designs MPS-5 cd/sacd/dac seems like the perfect solution and the most advanced player out there.

Joe

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
He blew one up?! Ouch.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Despite the meltdown, the $144,000 per pair were loved by Fremer. He said it's the best amp he's ever heard....should be for that kind of cash.... makes the Pass Labs XS two chassis monoblocks sound reasonable price wise.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Where are you guys reading that? Is that the print edition?
The digital issue is not out yet...

alexandre

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I wonder what would be a better match for a pair of Magico Q7 - darTZeel NHB-458 or Constellation Audio Hercules?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I've only heard the 458, and it is indeed amazing. I've seen it peak at 1400W, with sustained 900W for a few minutes, on Evolution Acoustics MM3. It was by far the best sound I've ever heard.
Never heard the Constellation gear (though I want to), but you can't go wrong with the 458s.

alexandre

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I've only heard the 458, and it is indeed amazing. I've seen it peak at 1400W, with sustained 900W for a few minutes, on Evolution Acoustics MM3. It was by far the best sound I've ever heard.
Never heard the Constellation gear (though I want to), but you can't go wrong with the 458s.

alexandre

2 years ago i had the 458's in my room for 30 days on the MM3's, so i know what you mean.

i want to hear the 458's pair with the MM7's in my room at warp 9.

wanting and doing are unfortunately different things.:(

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
2 years ago i had the 458's in my room for 30 days on the MM3's, so i know what you mean.

i want to hear the 458's pair with the MM7's in my room at warp 9.

wanting and doing are unfortunately different things.:(

Mike,

Why not asking for by-wiring capability in the MM7s and using them with a pair of NH108's? The high bass/medium/treble tower could easily use a complete stereo amplifier.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think mike will have a much higher increase in overall soundquality in putting the money in the MM7 instead of the 458 , i personally have a gut feeling that the higher level in eff. and easier speakerload will up the quality of the 108 anyway.
It is also easier with high quality SET tubeamps , more so than the MM3 s

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike,

Why not asking for by-wiring capability in the MM7s and using them with a pair of NH108's? The high bass/medium/treble tower could easily use a complete stereo amplifier.

good idea and worth considering......however....

prior to getting my MM3's, i did have the Von Schweikert VR9SE's bi-amped with a pair of dart 108's. i liked it, but not enough more than a single 108 stereo dart to cause me to pursue trying to convince Kevin (the MM7 designer) to modify the crossover and external connections on the MM7 to accomodate bi-wiring/bi-amping.

and based on my memory of that bi-amping experience and my memory of the 458's.......the 458's go much further in ways only it can do. and as Andromediaudio mentions with 96db, 6 ohm load of the MM7's more power from the 108's is not so much the issue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing