NHB-458 monoblock power amplifier

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i did just step up and order a pair of darTZeel NHB-458 mono block's and i'm very excited about it.:)

i had to gulp a few times over the dollars and retirement will need to wait a bit longer. not sure how soon i will get them as there is a wait list for them. likely a couple-three months.

when it does get near i'll need to sell the stereo NHB-108.

i am truely looking forward to the MM7/458 combo.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Big congrats Mike...you must be psyched ! New amps must be in the air. I'm ordering my Pass XS-150 dual chassis monoblocks tomorrow. Fortunately for me, I should get them by the end of next week.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
i did just step up and order a pair of darTZeel NHB-458 mono block's and i'm very excited about it.:)

i had to gulp a few times over the dollars and retirement will need to wait a bit longer. not sure how soon i will get them as there is a wait list for them. likely a couple-three months.

You're not alone .. ;)

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Mike.... you are "The Man!" Teresa and I will want to pay you a visit as soon as they have settled in. Holy Moly!

Congrats!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hey Eddie...if you ever need to make more room in that bedroom of yours, I would be happy to take one of your Studer A80 RC's off your hands...:D

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Hey Eddie...if you ever need to make more room in that bedroom of yours, I would be happy to take one of your Studer A80 RC's off your hands...:D

Hey Christian! Hope your system is providing hours of enjoyment! I keep debating on what to do with the Studer A80. I really love that unit but probably could use the room. I'll keep you posted!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Hoo-hah!!! Congrats! You must tell us all about it AND the MM7s...BTW, when do the MM7s arrive? Or have they already (and i missed it?) Congrats again!

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011

We all knew it would be an inevitable thing.
Pointless to resist.
Thanks, we always enjoy reading about your ever improving system.

caesar

May 30, 2010

Congrats, Mike!!!!

How much experience did you have with the 458's before pulling the trigger? What was your decision process like?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Big congrats Mike...you must be psyched ! New amps must be in the air. I'm ordering my Pass XS-150 dual chassis monoblocks tomorrow. Fortunately for me, I should get them by the end of next week.

thanks Christian...i am psyched. although i'm trying to maintain while waiting for both toys to arrive.
congrats on the XS-150, it should sound great on the X-2's. Pass would be one of my top choices too. i know Bruce really likes his. i wish my amp delivery was that quick.

I respect delaying retirement for new amps !!! :p

we'll see how i feel about that later. seems like a good idea for now.:)

Congratulations Mike!

Wow! That's awesome.

thank you Joe.

You're not alone .. ;)

i'm looking forward to listening to them with you soon during your visit.;)

Mike.... you are "The Man!" Teresa and I will want to pay you a visit as soon as they have settled in. Holy Moly!

Congrats!

i am looking forward to that (your visit) happening soon!

Jonathan has been a little upbeat lately! And I thought it was his meds!!

no; he's happy cuz the Yankees got Ichiro.:p

Hoo-hah!!! Congrats! You must tell us all about it AND the MM7s...BTW, when do the MM7s arrive? Or have they already (and i missed it?) Congrats again!

MM7's are now tentatively set for the first half of September arrival, 'if the creek don't rise'.

We all knew it would be an inevitable thing.
Pointless to resist.
Thanks, we always enjoy reading about your ever improving system.

Thankyou Jerome.

am i that easy to read? glad i'm not a poker player.:eek:

Congrats, Mike!!!!

How much experience did you have with the 458's before pulling the trigger? What was your decision process like?

i had the 'ugly duckling' prototypes (mounted on a plywood sheet) for a few months. then after debut of the 458 at CES in Jan of 2000 i convinced Herve to send them to me for a month before they went back to Europe. i fell in love.

after that i had them in the back of my mind as something i would try to make happen at some point. getting the MM7's pushed me to really remove all limitations. if i was that close to the whole enchalada i guess i had to do it. i've been on this path for awhile....likely ever since i committed to building the room. how far could i go?

i guess this far.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yeah as my ex used to say when something is on "loan," welcome to your new piece of equipment ;)

Hopefully sometime will get out your way!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...September is going to be a big month! DTZL 458s and MM7s! You might be the only person in the world with this ultimate setup!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Wow...September is going to be a big month! DTZL 458s and MM7s! You might be the only person in the world with this ultimate setup!

maybe for a short time i'll be the only one with both, but the first customer for the MM7's also has the 458's on the way who may or may not get their 458's before or after mine. and then there are a few MM7 customers in line after me who (i think) have 458's in mind at least.

and my 458's may not quite make it to me in September......i should know more about the specific arrival date in a few weeks.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
maybe for a short time i'll be the only one with both, but the first customer for the MM7's also has the 458's on the way who may or may not get their 458's before or after mine. and then there are a few MM7 customers in line after me who (i think) have 458's in mind at least.

and my 458's may not quite make it to me in September......i should know more about the specific arrival date in a few weeks.

cool...way cool. Look forward to reading all about it!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing