New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The play in round in the WC changes daily. With Suns loss and Kings win, the Suns are now in 8th place and destined to be spoilers . I cannot figure KD this year. Earlier there were rumors he wanted out and then things were great. Having said that he just seems to be going through the motions each night and appears to have lost the fire from deep inside him

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

what a game at Milwaukee as the Lakers scored their fewest points in a half (42) and trailed at the half by 16.Lakers made a few runs at it as they came within 4 only to have the Bucks open a 19 point lead. Lakers lead by Reaves in the 4th tie them at 101 and that's how the game ends to force OT

Exciting OT with back and forth baskets

AD ties the game with a 3 at 108

Then Dinwiddie hits 3 for the Lakers very first lead of the game at 111-108
with 2:17 in the game

Beasley ties it at 111

Rui gives the Lakers a 2 point lead with 45 seconds left

Lillard is foul outside the arc and makes all 3

Bucks 114-113 with 41 seconds left

Reaves is fouled with 30 seconds left and makes both Lakers 115-114

Dame drills a 3 with 13.6 left Bucks 117-115 Lakers

Final play of the game Lakers inbound and D'lo fouled with 3.1 seconds left

Makes both tied at 117 with 3.1 seconds left in OT

Ball goes to Dame for the game winer and shot blocked by AD...double OT. Tied at 117

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dame has been blocked a few times down the stretch and make a very tightly contested attempt at the end of the 2nd OT. Giannis missed 2 FTs. Same question, where is the clutch man ? Beasley missed 2 corner 3s too. And Reeves is the real money man, nailing the last 3 ball.

Steve Williams

double ot

Reaves gets a triple double

Dinwiiddie ties the game at 121 with 1:23 left

Reaves drills a 3 two go ahead 124-121
Giannis is fouled and misses both !!! with 22.3 seconds in the game

Lakers take the ball and D'Lo is fouled. Makes both 126-121 and Bucks quickly score a 3 126-124 with 2.4 seconds left

Ad is fouled with 1.7 seconds left by Dame who fouls out

Makes both 128-124

Bucks run out of clock. Final Lakers 128-124

One of the best Lakers games this year and all without LeBron. Im stunned

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
double ot

Reaves gets a triple double

Dinwiiddie ties the game at 121 with 1:23 left

Reaves drills a 3 two go ahead 124-121
Giannis is fouled and misses both !!! with 22.3 seconds in the game

Lakers take the ball and D'Lo is fouled. Makes both 126-121 and Bucks quickly score a 3 126-124 with 2.4 seconds left

Ad is fouled with 1.7 seconds left by Dame who fouls out

Makes both 128-124

Bucks run out of clock. Final Lakers 128-124

One of the best Lakers games this year and all without LeBron. Im stunned
Russell and Reeves move freely and more effectively on their own without a pseudo point guard/forward.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It didn't take long for the grappler to make another semi clothes line, on the neck of a much smaller Patty Mills. The announcer couldn't believe it's not even a flagrant foul.

• Wow

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Lakers sweep the Bucks this season. This loss by the Bucks is as bad as the Celtics losing to the Hawks a few days ago
I saw this game. Lakers took what was offered, played like a team, and won. Good for them. Terrible home loss for the Bucks, who played like a HS team with their 4Q lead. Their legs were gone and still they insisted on taking 3 after 3. No ball movement, no plays. Rivers, were you awake? The refs had long since lost control of the game (Silver should be ashamed of his product in this regard). End of rant.

Steve Williams

I saw this game. Lakers took what was offered, played like a team, and won. Good for them. Terrible home loss for the Bucks, who played like a HS team with their 4Q lead. Their legs were gone and still they insisted on taking 3 after 3. No ball movement, no plays. Rivers, were you awake? The refs had long since lost control of the game (Silver should be ashamed of his product in this regard). End of rant.
here is a terrific read re the Bucks, Dame and Doc

How Damian Lillard trade is impacting Bucks & 3 other teams 6 months later

Milwaukee's blockbuster addition 6 months ago continues to make ripple effects across the Eastern Conference and the league.

But here is a salient fact from the read......

That’s when Griffin got fired. Huh? Shedding him at 30-13 seemed almost as odd as a title contender hiring the unproven outsider in the first place. In came Doc Rivers to try to fix whatever ailed the Bucks — their record looked better than the reality of spotty chemistry, fragile confidence and porous D.

So here they sit, 14-11 under Rivers, with only 10 games left after Tuesday’s clash with the Lakers (7:30 p.m. ET, TNT) to firm up as the team they need to be when they made the Finals-or-bust Lillard move.

so since Doc took over the Bucks who were 30-13 under Griffin are 14-11 under my least favorite coach in the NBA (Lue is a close second) and are 5-5 in their past 10 games

as much as I am a Lakers fan, Doc should have been shot last night for losing a 19 point lead in the 4th period against the Lakers with LeBron sitting out. He looked bewildered at every time out and really had no game plan except to keep shooting 3's

Reactions: christoph and jadis

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
here is a terrific read re the Bucks, Dame and Doc

How Damian Lillard trade is impacting Bucks & 3 other teams 6 months later

Milwaukee's blockbuster addition 6 months ago continues to make ripple effects across the Eastern Conference and the league.

But here is a salient fact from the read......

That’s when Griffin got fired. Huh? Shedding him at 30-13 seemed almost as odd as a title contender hiring the unproven outsider in the first place. In came Doc Rivers to try to fix whatever ailed the Bucks — their record looked better than the reality of spotty chemistry, fragile confidence and porous D.

So here they sit, 14-11 under Rivers, with only 10 games left after Tuesday’s clash with the Lakers (7:30 p.m. ET, TNT) to firm up as the team they need to be when they made the Finals-or-bust Lillard move.

so since Doc took over the Bucks who were 30-13 under Griffin are 14-11 under my least favorite coach in the NBA (Lue is a close second) and are 5-5 in their past 10 games

as much as I am a Lakers fan, Doc should have been shot last night for losing a 19 point lead in the 4th period against the Lakers with LeBron sitting out. He looked bewildered at every time out and really had no game plan except to keep shooting 3's
Good article. Although compared to you I don't have much data, I share your opinion of Rivers - journeyman coach. The Celtics' personnel is awesome now, but they still have to prove that they can win the big games.

Steve Williams

To me Doc is the most over rated coach in the NBA followed by his side kick Lue

what I saw last night was utter chaos by a team that should be challenging to win the EC. I saw the same in the Celtics loss although I feel
They are still odds on favorite. However there are some strong teams in the EC such as the Knicks who will make life miserable for any team they play

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
To me Doc is the most over rated coach in the NBA followed by his side kick Lue

what I saw last night was utter chaos by a team that should be challenging to win the EC. I saw the same in the Celtics loss although I feel
They are still odds on favorite. However there are some strong teams in the EC such as the Knicks who will make life miserable for any team they play
Those 2 comeback losses of the C's and the Bucks , no doubt has the coaches being blamed. But putting that aside, the 2nd element is to have an ice-cold closer down the like, and that would make the coaches look good or better. In my discussion with my son, he would blame the coach always (as in Doc with the Clippers and Sixers), but I present the 2nd view, which is those teams, and this present Celtics team, do not have a closer - let's say Jordan, who not only had Scottie but was 'saved' by the clutch shots of Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr and John Paxon in the finals. I related this to my son, in that Finals loss to the Heat, the Spurs' Ginobili and Kawhi each missed a foul shot in the last minute. Had they made it, Allen's 3 would still fall short of a tie. Can anyone blame Pop there ? Coaches organize the game plan ( I agree Doc had none in that last few minutes of the loss to the Lakers) but you gotta have the clutch player to make those clutch points - Giannis missed an alley oops layup, Lillard got blocked twice, and then missed a horrible shot which was kinda forced at the 3 line. If they made those shots, they would be the winner, and no blame will be one the coach. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
KD hits 30 as Suns beat Nuggets. Beal has been a disappointment. $50+na through 2027.

Steve Williams

Those 2 comeback losses of the C's and the Bucks , no doubt has the coaches being blamed. But putting that aside, the 2nd element is to have an ice-cold closer down the like, and that would make the coaches look good or better. In my discussion with my son, he would blame the coach always (as in Doc with the Clippers and Sixers), but I present the 2nd view, which is those teams, and this present Celtics team, do not have a closer - let's say Jordan, who not only had Scottie but was 'saved' by the clutch shots of Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr and John Paxon in the finals. I related this to my son, in that Finals loss to the Heat, the Spurs' Ginobili and Kawhi each missed a foul shot in the last minute. Had they made it, Allen's 3 would still fall short of a tie. Can anyone blame Pop there ? Coaches organize the game plan ( I agree Doc had none in that last few minutes of the loss to the Lakers) but you gotta have the clutch player to make those clutch points - Giannis missed an alley oops layup, Lillard got blocked twice, and then missed a horrible shot which was kinda forced at the 3 line. If they made those shots, they would be the winner, and no blame will be one the coach. :D
It’s the coach. Doc was like a deer in the headlights. It’s called “ the captain of the ship”

Reactions: jadis

DLS

Jan 12, 2013
New York
Watch out for my Knicks... destroyed depleted Raptors team 145-101 last night. Mitchell Robinson back - in 12 minutes had 2 blocks, 2 rebounds, 8 points... Now in 3rd, two games behind flawed Bucks team... Anunoby and Randle still out but coming back before end of season, in time for playoffs... Just saying, watch out for my Knicks... who get NO coverage nationally.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watch out for my Knicks... destroyed depleted Raptors team 145-101 last night. Mitchell Robinson back - in 12 minutes had 2 blocks, 2 rebounds, 8 points... Now in 3rd, two games behind flawed Bucks team... Anunoby and Randle still out but coming back before end of season, in time for playoffs... Just saying, watch out for my Knicks... who get NO coverage nationally.
They will be there. If they win more now, it's better for the Celtics as they won't a facing each other till the third round. :D

I wonder as well why the Knicks don't get equal glamor billing with the Lakers. Both are media big cities. Maybe had LeBron chose to play there instead of Miami the Knicks would get national coverage for decades. The last Knicks finals was with the Rockets, and they weren't the hyped up team either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing