New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No, it is Doc Rivers bringing out the best in those players! ;)
It just occurred to me that maybe the overall holistic karma of coaching your son-in- law Seth Curry is more positive than coaching the ex-bf (PG) of your daughter who allegedly cheated on her, is much better now for Doc. :D

• Love
Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me, I would simplify it by saying, just protect the home court.

But a nice analysis here:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mike

I was joking yesterday about the coaches.Playoffs for me always makes my wife a basketball widow as I enjoy the game so much and the playoffs highlight the best of the best

So for me I would rather see a Clippers success than a Sixers success as it proves the team has what it takes . So now home court for the next two games hopefully will right the ship

Having said that here is a good synopsis of the series. I thought especially sobering was the statistic in the first paragragraph

• Donovan Mitchell (41.0 ppg) has nearly matched the scoring production of the Clippers’ All-Star duo of Kawhi Leonard (23.5 ppg) and Paul George (22.0 ppg) single-handedly. Mitchell followed up his 45-point performance in Game 1 with 37 in Game 2 – his fourth consecutive game with at least 30 points in the playoffs. The last player with a longer such streak in the playoffs was Leonard, who had five straight 30+ point games against Dallas last year

and Mike you were right on as to Beverley guarding Mitchell

• Five different Clippers – Paul George, Reggie Jackson, Patrick Beverley, Kawhi Leonard and Marcus Morris Sr. – defended Donovan Mitchell between 1:52 and 2:58 of matchup time. Mitchell was most successful against George, scoring 11 points on 4-7 FG, 2-4 3P and 1-2 FT in 2:58 (tied with Jackson for most matchup time). Beverley was the only one to hold Mitchell scoreless as he had just one field goal attempt and two turnovers in 2:41 against Beverley.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Mike

I was joking yesterday about the coaches.Playoffs for me always makes my wife a basketball widow as I enjoy the game so much and the playoffs highlight the best of the best

So for me I would rather see a Clippers success than a Sixers success as it proves the team has what it takes . So now home court for the next two games hopefully will right the ship

Having said that here is a good synopsis of the series. I thought especially sobering was the statistic in the first paragragraph

• Donovan Mitchell (41.0 ppg) has nearly matched the scoring production of the Clippers’ All-Star duo of Kawhi Leonard (23.5 ppg) and Paul George (22.0 ppg) single-handedly. Mitchell followed up his 45-point performance in Game 1 with 37 in Game 2 – his fourth consecutive game with at least 30 points in the playoffs. The last player with a longer such streak in the playoffs was Leonard, who had five straight 30+ point games against Dallas last year

and Mike you were right on as to Beverley guarding Mitchell

• Five different Clippers – Paul George, Reggie Jackson, Patrick Beverley, Kawhi Leonard and Marcus Morris Sr. – defended Donovan Mitchell between 1:52 and 2:58 of matchup time. Mitchell was most successful against George, scoring 11 points on 4-7 FG, 2-4 3P and 1-2 FT in 2:58 (tied with Jackson for most matchup time). Beverley was the only one to hold Mitchell scoreless as he had just one field goal attempt and two turnovers in 2:41 against Beverley.
No offense taken, my comment was meant in jest as well. We do watch these games and root for our teams for fun and entertainment -- most of the time anyway. :)

Clips have to step up today. So far Utah has definitely outplayed them and shown themselves to be the better team.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One thing the Jazz are doing very well is to hit the open man in the corner when Mitchell is double teamed.

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The good thing for the Clips is that their 3s are falling in. Batum, PG, Jackson.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Glad to see that ESPN doesn't have Kendrick Perkins working this game. Can't figure out why they keep him around. Worst basketball analyst in my opinion.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Between Donovan Mitchell, Luka Doncic and Trae Young it looks like Stephan Curry has a few guys nipping at his heels to match his 3-point shooting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing