New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
If I were Ty Lue I'd put Pat Beverly on Donovan Mitchell for a while and tell him to use all 6 (hard) fouls. Have to do something to slow him down.

Kawhi and PG didn't have their best games and it was still close so should be a very good series.

By the way, Donovan's father was an executive with the NY Mets in case you didn't know.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If I were Ty Lue I'd put Pat Beverly on Donovan Mitchell for a while and tell him to use all 6 (hard) fouls. Have to do something to slow him down.
45 points is a lot for a guard to torch your team, and Clips lost by only 3 points. So had he been limited to 40, Clips would win. I agree that Beverley should hound him the next game and prevent him even from touching the ball and use all those 'hard' fouls to wear down Mitchell. We are seeing a great bunch of young super shooting guards like Donovan, Trey and Booker. Too bad Murray of the Nuggets is injured.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
watching last night's game there was strength on both teams but the Jazz have not only youth but so also Mitchell and others who can drop three's from a different time zone that's how far out they were shooting and making them

This is going to be a great series. I still think the Clippers can beat them but they have to dominate playing their own style of the game. If they are forced to run and gun like the Jazz, the Clipps are just too old to play a sustained 48 minutes in that manner

And yes PG was way off his game. I thought KL played great at both ends of the court

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
watching last night's game there was strength on both teams but the Jazz have not only youth but so also Mitchell and others who can drop three's from a different time zone that's how far out they were hooting and making them

This is going to be a great series. I still think the Clippers can beat them but they have to dominate playing their own style of the game. If they are forced to run and gun like the Jazz, the Clipps are just too old to play a sustained 48 minutes in that manner

And yes PG was way off his game. I thought KL played great at both ends of the court
Agree, Steve, the Clippers cannot run and gun with the Jazz, that is their game. Clippers are better off with a slower, more delicate and bruising type of plays, given their lineup.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As for Beverly guarding Mitchell what I saw is that nothing ratted Mitchell. With the camera in him so many times last night he hadn’t even broken a sweat. Some of the 3’s he made last night seemed to come from half court as they swished with nothing but net.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As for Beverly guarding Mitchell what I saw is that nothing ratted Mitchell. With the camera in him so many times last night he hadn’t even broken a sweat. Some of the 3’s he made last night seemed to come from half court as they swished with nothing but net.
Lue, famous for shackling Iverson, should think of a way to stop this phenomenal guard.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
watching last night's game there was strength on both teams but the Jazz have not only youth but so also Mitchell and others who can drop three's from a different time zone that's how far out they were shooting and making them

Paul George didn't play his best game but he still had 20 points and 10 rebounds. Poor guy is still getting beat up over that.

Kawhi was good but not great with 23 points and 7 rebounds. Had he been great he could have offset Mitchell's outstanding performance.

Clippers have some youth to throw at Mitchell in addition to the more mature Pat Bev - Terrence Mann would be the next best option. Clippers also have two young guards on the bench - Amir Coffey and Yogi Farrell. I'd throw them all at him at one time or another just to keep somebody fresh on him.

Come crunch time put Kawhi or PG on him.

Remember that Doncic is 6'7" so you couldn't put a smaller player on him. Mitchell is only 6'1" so you don't have to deal with the height advantage. Nobody is going to shut down Mitchell down you just have to make him work harder for his points. "Hold" the guy to 30 and the Clips have the advantage.

One other thing - don't let him get advice from Dwayne Wade during the game . He's too good on his own. Clips don't need Wade making him smarter.

I better call Ty Lue and let him know what the game plan should be. :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Wow
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read a report that said Kemba was hurt by the planned trade of Danny with Jrue Holiday. Kemba is making $36m next season. Not easy to find a trading partner.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing