New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jack, when I think of the Suns, I always think of your cousin Keith, the only true Suns fan that I know. :D Happy for him if his Suns can advance and I might even want to virtual hug the whole Suns team. :D For sure the Lakers will adjust, trying to stop Booker and Ayton, but these young Suns look like jumping beans, full of energy. And a key pick-up this season for them is the experienced Jae Crowder, who was in the finals last seaon with the Heat. I am totally amazed at Booker, he and Beal of the Wizards, they can create their own shots and shoot anytime they want and make them.
The Suns have had a lot of great players wear their uniform. If I'm not mistaken the owner isn't the nicest person around in terms of ponying up $$$. to get winners

Hubris for the Suns IMHO will be them winning the West but all be beaten in the Finals by the Nets coached by Steve Nash and his mentor Mike D'Antoni (who IMO only had a successful "run and gun" was during his tenure in Phoenix)

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

Steve Williams

Lakers looked old and overmatched today as the Suns took game 1 in the series.

Chris Paul was heroic, playing with a bum shoulder and Anthony Davis faded away in this game. AD was definitely outplayed by Deandre Ayton, the Suns young center.

Suns looked like veteran team today, cool and collected. Early view says the Suns will take this series.
Totally agree. As I said, they have the talent but they don't have the youth.

I was truly inspired by Monty Williams in that time out speech. It was something that will stand in the minds of his players

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

I have always felt that the Suns have a better team than the Jazz and last night's win over the Lakers seemed to corroborate that for me. Plus did anyone watch the Utah game. Memphis played 2 extra games to secure the number 8 slot whilst the Jazz had all those days to rest and practice, yet the Grizz beat the Jazz

I think these playoffs as we all are seeing are proving to be better than I anticipated

Hawks beat the Knicks at MSG and Dallas beat LAC at Staples and the Lakers were no where to be found. Finally I still like Denver but with a loss to the Blazers we have to wonder how far the Nuggs can go in the absence of Jamal Murray

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Don't forget that Utah didn't allow Donovan Mitchell to play last night against the Grizzlies due to injury. He will play in game 2.

He's good enough to change the dynamics of a game.

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Bucks won big.

Guess the report I read was wrong. Mitchell is not playing for the Nuggets tonight.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bucks won big.

Guess the report I read was wrong. Mitchell is not playing for the Nuggets tonight.
I suddenly feel I like the Bucks to win the East. Losing to the Heat last year was tough and I guess it taught them a lesson or 2 and if they get past the Heat this time, it would be a sign that they've regrouped and gotten past the Heat's stifling defense. And Giannis is playing the way he should, not too pressured and not distracted as he signed for a long term deal early this season. That is an admirable move in my view and I hope more superstars follow him and waiting and helping his team in rather than bolt for greener pastures elsewhere.

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
So my wife looked at me when I said Donovan Mitchell wasn't playing tonight and she very nicely ask me what theheck are you talking about.

My error, I meant Jamal Murray. Got my dynamic young point guards mixed up.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

and another ex Laker makes headlines...........

Utah Jazz guard Jordan Clarkson wins 2020-21 Kia NBA Sixth Man Award​

Well the Lakers have Montrezl an ex 6th man Award who came from the LAC

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Pivotal games tonight for Boston, LAC and Lakers

Sadly the Lakers and Clippers games are televised at the same time

Good luck Phil, Mike and I hope the Lakers can regroup because they were thoroughly defeated and totally dismantled in Game one.Devin Booker played a flawless game for which the Lakers looked old and had no answer

Not sure who will be the COTY as IMO there are many solid candidates but the one who stands out for me is Monty Williams, HC of the Suns

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The funny thing about the NBA playoffs is how "momentum swings" and "home court advantage" are after every game.

For example, if the Clippers win tonight all will be well in Clips Nation as they have retaken the home court advantage and have the momentum going into game 3. Same for the Lakers if they win tonight.

Stories are the same every year in the playoffs - especially in series that go back and forth. I used to buy into those reports but finally wised up.

Steve - I agree with you about Monty Williams. He should get the Coach of the Year award. Perhaps he should share a little bit of the award with CP3, his coach on the floor.

Hope Chris Paul's body holds up in the playoffs. Seems to have one issue or another every year. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers sent a hatchet man after Chris considering Frank Vogel's comment about him trying to hurt LeBron after game 1.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers plan to put Kawhi on Doncic tonight to see if Leonard's defensive prowess can slow him down. Last game the Mavs forced switches that left Ivaca Zubak guarding him at the top of the key - with no hope of the big man stopping Doncic.

....and if the Clippers lose tonight stick a fork in them. They are done.

Not sure what they would do going forward but expect big changes. At least that is what I would do if I were Steve Ballmer.

Steve Williams

Hope Chris Paul's body holds up in the playoffs. Seems to have one issue or another every year. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers sent a hatchet man after Chris considering Frank Vogel's comment about him trying to hurt LeBron after game 1.
I agree. I thought Chris Paul committed a really dirty foul on his good buddy LeBron

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing