New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers lose 122-115 to the Rockets which puts the Clipps in 4th as the Nuggs own the tie breaker

I know the pain mIke as I've seen the Lakers lose to the worst teams and they too just eeked out a victory 2 nights ago ver the Rockets

So this weekend is going to finally end the season and already the standings aren't what anyone would have predicted at the beginning of the season.

I also said there will be upsets. No one has a crystal ball but I don't see the Jazz or Suns winning the west. To me IF Lakers are 7th they play the Nuggs in Round One. Only if the Lakers are healthy do I feel there is any way the Lakers will win that one. My prediction is the winner of this series could be the winner of the western conference

I think Denver could be the cinderella team in the west

Also the Mavs are peaking and the Clipps continue to disappoint. Clipps will likely play the Mavs in round One and I believe the Mavs can win that series.

Finally I wonder if the Clipps tanked this game tonight for the purpose of avoiding the Lakers in Round one
When I turned on the game and realized none of the starting 5 were playing for the Clips they were definitely tanking.

I checked the standings and it appears they were trying to avoid the Blazers and play the Mavs as you noted.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lakers win today vs Pacers and with one game left they are tied with the Blazers but Blazers hold the tie breaker so Lakers Must win tomorrow vs the Pels and the Blazers lose vs the Nuggs

They can tie the Mavs if the Mavs lose as well but the Mavs also own the tie breaker over the Lakers

LeBron, Davis and Schroder all played. Caruso remained out. I have to admit that with the Lakers gaining momentum going into the playoffs as well as getting healthy I might have to rethink my west coast prediction

Steve Williams

Im betting the Lakers are going to try and beat up the Pels today and hope that the Blazers lose as that would make Lakers 6th and play the Nuggs in a best of 7 rather than finishing in 7th and playing the GSW in a Best of One series. Watching Steph and the GSW raining down 3's and beating upon the Grizz

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

So no one wanted to play the Lakers as the Nuggs tank and Blazers win big. So the same with the Clipps vs OKC

Big scare at the end of the game when LeBrin again rolled his fight ankle. Hopefully he’s fine. So Lakers host GSW with winner taking 7th slot and loser plays the winner of the 9-10 for the 8 slot

similar scenario in the East where the Celts also in the play in

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So no one wanted to play the Lakers as the Nuggs tank and Blazers win big. So the same with the Ckipps vs OKC

Big scare at the end of the game when LeBrin again rolled his fight ankle. Hopefully he’s fine. So Lakers host GSW with winner taking 7th slot and loser plays the winner of the 9-10 for the 8 slot

similar scenario in the East where the Celts also in the play in
Yes Steve, and the bad news for the C's is that instead of having to play the Hornets, they have to face the tandem of Beal and Westbrook and the scenario is that they will be likely booted out eventually.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I can't really say the 'play in' is a bad idea. It makes games in the regular season matter more, just the the wild card games in the NLF and MLB.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

and tomorrow it's the biggest game of the play -in games with GSW vs Lakers

Watching the Warriors beat the Grizz a few days ago proved once again how great a player Steph Curry is and to prove this point........

If the All-Star and probable All-NBA honors weren’t enough, Stephen Curry now has the NBA scoring title to punctuate a triumphant return from an injury-riddled 2019-20 campaign.

The former two-time Kia MVP secured the 2020-21 scoring crown on Sunday, edging Washington guard Bradley Beal during the Warriors’ 113-101 win against Memphis. Beal scored 25 points in his team’s 115-110 win over Charlotte, opening the door for Curry to clinch his second career scoring title with a 46-point outburst against the Grizzlies.

The 33-year-old Curry entered Sunday ahead of Beal by 0.4 points per game, and finished with an average of 32.0 points for the season. Overall, Curry finished at 32.0 ppg to Beal’s 31.3 ppg, giving him more than enough points to surpass Beal for the scoring crown.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And so it all begins today

I worry about the Celts playing against the Wizards. This will be a great game to watch. Im cheering for your team Phil

Thanks Steve. I'm not too bullish on that matchup. Beal always burns the Celtics. Wizards suddenly are very good.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I still believe that the 2 best teams in the west won't win the west. I am still thinking that if the Lakers get by the GSW and then face the Nuggets, that will be the key series in the west with the winner having a chance to win the west. Somewhere in the nest 2 days the Lakers better figure out how to guard Steph as well as how to play defense which they haven't done on the past 2 months. Will it be a short season for the Lakers or could they be the cinderella team. Also lets not forget the Blazers who also are a scoring machine

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Nuggets lost one of their key players to injury, Jamal Murray. They have played well without him but they are definitely not at full strength.

Steve Williams

The Nuggets lost one of their key players to injury, Jamal Murray. They have played well without him but they are definitely not at full strength.
However they have the Joker and he is a one man show. If Murray was healthy the Nuggs would be serious contenders IMHO

Steve Williams

for me another great series will be the Clipps vs Mavericks. NBA sports pick the Clippers in 5 which I think is a bit of a push. For WLVCA I am hoping they are correct however I think it will go more than 5 games and I believe the Mavericks can be a Cinderella team and beat the Clipps. On paper the Clipps should win it all but they seem to have flashes of greatness followed by spells of ineptitude. PG is the team star. Kawhi just seems to be erratic this year and I look for PG to carry the team

Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Pacers up by 27 early in the 3rd over the Hornets.

Sabonis playing for Indy, LaVert still out.

Hayward out for Charlotte

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing