New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Quite a funny ending in the Celtics-Raptors game. C's were up 20 with 4 min left and the bench players for both sides were on put on the floor. the Raptors' bench warmers started to hit 3s after 3s and by 2 min the C's lead was down to 10 with the ball possession to the Raptors. Brad frantically put in Tatum and Brown and the crisis was diffused. IT would have traumatic had the lead shrunk to 1 with a minute to go. :D That is why I am not in favor of the the 3 point line anymore. There is a need for a 4. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
PG has got to find a way to create his own rhythm since the better teams won't allow him to "let the game come to him". He hasn't been a true dog since his leg injury. Hopefully this is the beginning of his real return . Smooth won't cut it in a league that has only gotten faster. He NEEDS to be fierce. Remember when he was just as mean as Butler and almost as mean as West? Yeah, THAT PG. PG 24.

My eyes are on Atlanta. I think this team will only get better. They will be a force next season I think. Collins is a young PF to watch.

I think the Celtics are fine. Just a little more efficiency from Tatum and Brown who are getting near Elite but aren't there yet. It could happen before the regular season is over. Keep working on your games boys!

Hey Phil, What's a Dort? This guy is headed for stardom and a big paycheck if he keeps it up. I just love watching budding 2 way players :D

Congratulations #30! Ha! is all I have to say to Kellerman LOL Oh, I am HIGH on Weisman. To borrow from my 13 yr old, #beastinthemaking

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
PG has got to find a way to create his own rhythm since the better teams won't allow him to "let the game come to him". He hasn't been a true dog since his leg injury. Hopefully this is the beginning of his real return . Smooth won't cut it in a league that has only gotten faster. He NEEDS to be fierce. Remember when he was just as mean as Butler and almost as mean as West? Yeah, THAT PG. PG 24.

My eyes are on Atlanta. I think this team will only get better. They will be a force next season I think. Collins is a young PF to watch.

I think the Celtics are fine. Just a little more efficiency from Tatum and Brown who are getting near Elite but aren't there yet. It could happen before the regular season is over. Keep working on your games boys!

Hey Phil, What's a Dort? This guy is headed for stardom and a big paycheck if he keeps it up. I just love watching budding 2 way players :D

Congratulations #30! Ha! is all I have to say to Kellerman LOL Oh, I am HIGH on Weisman. To borrow from my 13 yr old, #beastinthemaking
Agree on PG, Jack. That episode with Booker is a 'positive' sign, imo. :) Butler is the 'mean' Jamie Foxx figure and PG needs to be a meaner Denzel. :D

John Collins is a name I got to know of because lots of Celtics fans wanted him during the pre-season, as trade or whatever. :D

Tatum proved these past 2 games that he can make 'wiser' shot selections. Don't force it, man. Don't be a tall Harden (Tatum needs to weave with the ball too). Drive like what you usually do in college and make those fakes, they will bite. Be an AD (Adrian Dantley, not the other one).

You got me on Dort. I've heard of the phrase 'don't be a dort' but in NBA sense, I had to look it up. Ok. Undrafted kid from Canada playing for OKC. You know I don't watch OKC anymore since they traded every known name out. :D

And Wiseman, I like his play, he can run, and shoot. Lots of number 2 overall picks doing well nowadays - Ingram, D'angelo Rusell, Lonzo Ball...who coincidentally were ex-Lakers. :)

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Finally, the Celtics fans are praising Danny's pick (after 2 straight years of lemons) and the good apple is actually the 26th pick and not the 14th pick which were both owned by the Celtics. Name is Peyton Pritchard. Nice first name, like the great Peyton Manning. :D 6'2" and an unconscious 3 ball shooter (I heard). Tough on the D and can distribute the ball, earning him lots of playing time this young season. 23 points last night vs the Raptors. Way to go Danny, you lucked in on this one. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack's Pacers are doing well too. Beat a good Pelicans team. I like Sabonis a lot. I was told his father, when playing for the USSR national team in his early years, was a great player, and that he joined the NBA a bit too late (gained a lot of weight) but still was quite good. I remember that Portland - Lakers series where they were up in one game by double digits in the 4th but squandered the lead and lost to Shaq and Kobe.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jack

I agree about Atlanta. I think they could be a sleeper team in the East. I maintain that the Bucks are not the top team in the East. I said before start of season that the Sixers were my top team in the East

IMO the west is anyone's to take as the teams are just too good and too close in talent.

What. a year this would have been if Klay were healthy. Having said that one can never count out the Warriors with a healthy Curry. Great to watch Steph outscore both Lillard and McCollom in total

Steve Williams

I often wondered the cost of the bubble in Orlando this past season,

I just read this....

All games and activities of the restart were staged in a “bubble” at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in the Walt Disney World resort outside Orlando. The ambitious and costly (approximately $180 million) project saved the league an estimated $1.5 billion in additional revenue losses, while enabling the Los Angeles Lakers to be crowned as 2020 champions on Oct. 11

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack's Pacers are doing well too. Beat a good Pelicans team. I like Sabonis a lot. I was told his father, when playing for the USSR national team in his early years, was a great player, and that he joined the NBA a bit too late (gained a lot of weight) but still was quite good. I remember that Portland - Lakers series where they were up in one game by double digits in the 4th but squandered the lead and lost to Shaq and Kobe.
my only problem with the Pacers now is that i have to familiarize myself with the roster. It's been many years since "Whats a Mahinmi?" LOL

• Haha
Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

Steve Williams

It's still early but the Nets seem to be underperforming and I read KD is out (I suspect COVID watch)

My big question is whether they will be a contender in the east or merely spoilers in the playoffs. On paper I would have thought there Nets (and the Heat would be doing better)

This is such a close year with all the talent and mega duos

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers play the Spurs tonight in a one game "home stand" and then travel to San Francisco to play Golden State in two straight games in three days.

Strange schedule this year due to Covid.

Steve Williams

Clippers play the Spurs tonight in a one game "home stand" and then travel to San Francisco to play Golden State in two straight games in three days.

Strange schedule this year due to Covid.
Lakers had the same. Two games vs SAS and then Memphis

The league is trying t minimize travel and thus risk f infection

So far I think the NBA has risen to the task of preventing infection but I'm betting there will be no fans until the start of next season

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

Steve Williams

Lakers had the same. Two games vs SAS and then Memphis

The league is trying t minimize travel and thus risk f infection

So far I think the NBA has risen to the task of preventing infection but I'm betting there will be no fans until the start of next season
We all smile when we say that “basketball is a non contact sport. When all is said and done IMHO the NBA front office continues to lead all professional sports.
There might not be crowds in the arenas but for me the thrill and enjoyment of watching the game with the canned sounds from the stands is every bit as good.

Plus I’m finding the camera work is better. The referee explanations are terrific. Finally it’s about time that the NBA continues to extend its “relaxed” dress code as it seems to be more consistent with that seen in international play. The relaxed look has my vote

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
We all smile when we say that “basketball is a non contact sport. When all is said and done IMHO the NBA front office continues to lead all professional sports.
There might not be crowds in the arenas but for me the thrill and enjoyment of watching the game with the canned sounds from the stands is every bit as good.

Plus I’m finding the camera work is better. The referee explanations are terrific. Finally it’s about time that the NBA continues to extend its “relaxed” dress code as it seems to be more consistent with that seen in international play. The relaxed look has my vote
I also like the post-game interviews.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Finally, the Celtics fans are praising Danny's pick (after 2 straight years of lemons) and the good apple is actually the 26th pick and not the 14th pick which were both owned by the Celtics. Name is Peyton Pritchard. Nice first name, like the great Peyton Manning. :D 6'2" and an unconscious 3 ball shooter (I heard). Tough on the D and can distribute the ball, earning him lots of playing time this young season. 23 points last night vs the Raptors. Way to go Danny, you lucked in on this one. :)
Another great-white-hope since Bird to save Ainge? o_O

Seriously, since he came out as a senior, I believe he is a lot more matured and got accustomed to the league faster than most 18, 19-year-olds.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Another great-white-hope since Bird to save Ainge? o_O

Seriously, since he came out as a senior, I believe he is a lot more matured and got accustomed to the league faster than most 18, 19-year-olds.
So far I have not read fans wanting Danny to be fired. After that game. Lol.

Good point. Those 1 and done rules should be changed. At least low performance rookies don't get to be paid NBA money while they age in the NCAA.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Yep, down by 20 with 3 minutes left in the first half.

No Paul George tonight - ankle tweaked

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clips down at the half by 19. Patty Mills killing them from the 3 point line at 5 makes in 7 attempts

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing