New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Don't disagree with that but I figured CP3 would play point and Booker would be the shooting guard.

Suns coach Monty Williams knows more about basketball than me so I'll trust his judgement. ;)
Monty used to coach CP3 in New Orleans with great success before NO traded him to the Clippers(should have been the Lakers before Stern intervened).
I think Monte is just saving CP3 some labor for not bringing the ball up. After all, CP3 is 35.

Reactions: Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Monty used to coach CP3 in New Orleans with great success before NO traded him to the Clippers(should have been the Lakers before Stern intervened).
I think Monte is just saving CP3 some labor by bringing the ball up. After all, CP3 is 35.
Laker fans still bitching about CP3 going to the Clippers.

Lakers tried to steal him and Stern (League owned the team at that time and he held final decision) turned down the deal the New Orleans GM wanted to make with the Lakers.

Clippers made a better offer and got CP3. Nothing nefarious about it.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Laker fans still bitching about CP3 going to the Clippers.

Lakers tried to steal him and Stern (League owned the team at that time and he held final decision) turned down the deal the New Orleans GM wanted to make with the Lakers.

Clippers made a better offer and got CP3. Nothing nefarious about it.
I have no proof, but I believe Stern felt he was disrespected that the Lakers and Hornets agreed on a deal without "first" informing him and thus nullified the trade.

I believe a trade would have gone through if both teams had spoken 'nicely' to Stern in advance(I blame Jim Buss). The reason I believe this is because Stern refuses to negotiate with the Lakers even when the Lakers try to add pieces to sweeten the deal but Stern instead, focuses on other teams as he is already pissed.

Here's what actually went down:

"On December 8, 2011, the Hornets agreed to a three-team trade sending Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers. The NBA, who owned the Hornets at the time, nullified the deal, with commissioner David Stern claiming New Orleans would be better off keeping Paul.[52] The teams involved in the trade attempted to lobby the league to reverse its ruling and reconstruct the deal to no avail.[53][54] On December 12, the Hornets agreed to a trade sending Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers, but the deal broke down after the NBA added additional demands to the original terms.[55] Two days later, the teams finally made the trade, sending Paul and two future second round draft picks to the Clippers for Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, and the Minnesota Timberwolves' unprotected first-round pick in the 2012 draft."

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thrilling ending in the Nets Wizards game. Nets down by 1 with 14 seconds left and the endgame experts Kyrie and KD missed open looks. Wizards win.

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics almost lost 2 straight to a then winless Pistons. Same guy took the last shot and this time he made it - Tatum. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great win!

I could be wrong but with every game, it starting to show that the Celtics will need to add another star or a few other pieces to content in the East.
Absolutely agree, Mike. I've been feeling that since last season when during the Heat series it showed that they really lacked a piece or 2. Ainge has a $28m trade exception to use but there's only 1 star player now who wants to be traded and nobody seems to want him. :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Absolutely agree, Mike. I've been feeling that since last season when during the Heat series it showed that they really lacked a piece or 2. Ainge has a $28m trade exception to use but there's only 1 star player now who wants to be traded and nobody seems to want him. :D
I think a lot of teams(Celtics included) are actually interested except the Rockets are asking for the sky. $28-mil exception means nothing to them, as they want a young front-line all-star plus multiple 1st round picks.

My prediction: certain GM who's trying to save their job so they can either just squeak in the playoffs or advance a bit further, will cave and give the Rockets what they want.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I have no proof, but I believe Stern felt he was disrespected that the Lakers and Hornets agreed on a deal without "first" informing him and thus nullified the trade.

I believe a trade would have gone through if both teams had spoken 'nicely' to Stern in advance(I blame Jim Buss). The reason I believe this is because Stern refuses to negotiate with the Lakers even when the Lakers try to add pieces to sweeten the deal but Stern instead, focuses on other teams as he is already pissed.

Here's what actually went down:
Stern denied the trade with the Lakers because it was a bad deal for the Hornets. The linked article contains the explanation in Stern's own words. I know Laker Lore states otherwise but.....

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Stern denied the trade with the Lakers because it was a bad deal for the Hornets. The linked article contains the explanation in Stern's own words. I know Laker Lore states otherwise but.....

We'll have to agree to disagree as I don't believe what Stern said aftermath.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat Suns 112-107
I saw some parts of it. Fierce come back by when Suns but Paul George was all fired up and has a little nasty. :)

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw some parts of it. Fierce come back by when Suns but Paul George was all fired up and has a little nasty. :)
I wasn't able to watch the game until late in the 3rd quarter but I did hear the Phoenix announcers say that the Clips were up by 31 at one point in the game.

PG is playing like he has something to prove...and he does. So far so good.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steph Curry unleashes 62 points over the Blazers for a win. Wow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing