New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Doc has done a great job this year considering all the injuries and patchwork lineups.

I don't think he'll want to hang around for a full rebuild though. My guess is that he'll head out after this season.

Have to hope Jerry West still has it and Lawrence Frank knows what he is doing.

They need to get a lot of draft picks like Danny Ainge did for the Celtics. Guess its my turn to suffer with a young team and hope they can turn it around sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, maybe the Clippers are clearing the decks to sign Paul George and LeBron. ;)

why wouldn't doc be moved upstairs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clips for BG

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
why wouldn't doc be moved upstairs

Clippers have a full house in the executive suite and Ballmer took away Doc's non-coaching duties

Lawrence Frank (president of basketball operations)

Jerry West (basketball consultant/executive board member)

Michael Winger (general manager, formerly with OKC)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Say what???? LeBron would consider the Warriors?? Danny has his work cut out for him. :)

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/syn...d-meet-with-sf-if-they-create-max-salary-slot

Wouldn't that be interesting? They would have to pay massive cap penalties or have a bench full of minimum contract guys.

I wouldn't be that anxious to sign LeBron to a max 4 or 5 year deal due to age (turns 34 in December) and mileage. Same problem as Kobe at the end, so many regular season games, playoff appearances and Olympics appearances finally take their toll on even the great ones.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
KD's response is 'Bull...' :D
David West was skeptical, saying James gotta pry away No. 23 from Draymond Green. :D

But the more serious problem to that scenario is James is gonna NOT need Steve Kerr, as he is point guard and everything on a team. :D And Bob Myer's job might be in peril just like what happened to David Griffin.

Anyway, the NBA is rocking with the news.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-react-lebron-rumors-thats-235006514.html

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Trade deadline less than a week left. Anthony Davis' name still is ringing the bell. Spurs, WARRIORS!, Celtics are being mentioned too. I'd like to sit in Danny's fantasy chair and give them Horford, Marcus Smart (slashed his hand while punching a glass frame due to a girl), Jaylen Brown, Memphis' 2019 pick, and Laker's 2018 pick (which becomes a Philly/Sac pick if not in the 2-5 range). Now that's a lot. :D

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/2/1...nk-nba-trade-deadline-rumors-pelicans-hornets

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If Unibrow ends up in Boston, even I might turn green.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mirotic traded to the Pelicans. Pelicans gives Bulls 3 players, to clear cap space. I don't know for who.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Yep, good for the Bulls I think. They want build around Dunn, Markinnen and Lavine and what should be an upcoming high pick. Lavine will be up for a new contract next yr. I think and they'll have the $$ to be a player in the FA market. They were actually playing really well before Dunn went down a few weeks ago. He can really play.

Celts get Monroe -- he'll help their rebounding. Will be interesting to see how they use him w/Horford if they're on the floor at the same time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yep, good for the Bulls I think. They want build around Dunn, Markinnen and Lavine and what should be an upcoming high pick. Lavine will be up for a new contract next yr. I think and they'll have the $$ to be a player in the FA market. They were actually playing really well before Dunn went down a few weeks ago. He can really play.

Celts get Monroe -- he'll help their rebounding. Will be interesting to see how they use him w/Horford if they're on the floor at the same time.

Monroe will be the C's PJ Brown of the 2008 title run. 6'9" bruiser, can rebound and make medium stabs. We have already a Sam Cassell in Terry Rozier, and we already have Ray Allen and Rondo in Kyrie. :D Pierce = Brown +Tatum, and KG = Anthony Davis minus Al Horford. :D That solves the Monroe + Horford problem. :) Just do it, Danny. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Monroe will be the C's PJ Brown of the 2008 title run. 6'9" bruiser, can rebound and make medium stabs. We have already a Sam Cassell in Terry Rozier, and we already have Ray Allen and Rondo in Kyrie. :D Pierce = Brown +Tatum, and KG = Anthony Davis minus Al Horford. :D That solves the Monroe + Horford problem. :) Just do it, Danny. :)

Case closed! It all makes sense! Celtics win the title! :)

(...or anybody else other than Golden State....or Houston)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers fined for tampering again. This time it was Magic tampering with Milwaukee's The Greek Freak.

Last time was Perlinka tampering with Paul George.

Those guys have been around the NBA a long time. You'd thing they could tamper without getting caught. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers fined for tampering again. This time it was Magic tampering with Milwaukee's The Greek Freak.

Last time was Perlinka tampering with Paul George.

Those guys have been around the NBA a long time. You'd thing they could tamper without getting caught. ;)

I was not aware that GMs or Presidents of a team are not allow to mention any NBA player, even in praise.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The west gets even tighter as the Warriors get blitzed at home by OKC

Meanwhile Lakers win their 3rd straight quite easily against the Suns

Is it me or do others think the Lakers are playing so much better without Lonzo

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Unicorn goes down with a season ending ACL. Sigh. Hard to see good talents go down like this.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing