New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Pistons beat the Warriors to top the Eastern Conference at 5-2. Wizards, Celtics, Bucks and Magic each have a 4-2 card. Memphis, Clippers, Rockets and the Spurs top the West at the moment. Am impressed by some players, Giannis A. is on target to by the MVP. Marc Gasol is shinning, and so is Porzingis. His last game was a wow - as the Knicks beat the Cavs. C's Tatum is playing like a non rookie and is doing 20 points in some games. Interesting so far, on any given night, a favored team can lose. And bad news (again) for the Sixers' rookie Fultz, out indefinitely with shoulder soreness - can't even stretch his arms up to shoot. Embid, Simmons and now Fultz. Out West, Blake is playing like Blake of old, and the Melo, Paul, Westbrook trio is interesting to watch, sometimes I wonder if PG and Russ were feeling inside, no no Melo, don't shoot it when you just caught the ball, we are still out here. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers vs the Warriors tonight at Staples Center.

The Pistons beat both the Clippers and the Warriors over the weekend - Detroit must be the new Super Team. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A Turner-less Pacers beat a Kahwi-less Spurs? Led by the OKC "rejects"?!!!

The world seems to be upside down right now.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Celts looked darn good in the win

Yes, Steve. I'm not wincing now too much after seeing them reel into 5 straight wins after the first 2 losses and the gloom of the gruesome opening night. A nice sight is the aggressive play now of Al Horford. He now has some spinning move drives to the hoop and a slam ( I thought I was dreaming ), and I think that Kyrie's arrival has sort of enhanced his creativity, I was getting tired of his set pop shots. :D Gotta hand it to Brad Stevens for putting 10 new guys together with 4 from last year. Amazing job.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A Turner-less Pacers beat a Kahwi-less Spurs? Led by the OKC "rejects"?!!!

The world seems to be upside down right now.

Upside down all right, Jack. On any given night, upsets happen. Sixers just beat the Rockets. Embid and Simmons are shining. And they're not even using their No.3 pick from 2015 Okafor, sitting on the bench the whole time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Impressive win by the Lakers over the newly installed super team (for a day or 2) Pistons. :D

Kuzma is really showing his wares. And Ball has very good basketball IQ, and is very unselfish, a playmaker indeed. Showtime again.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lonzo appears to be the real thing. The Lakers have other good, young talent, too.

Next summer's free agency will definitely be interesting for Laker fans.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lonzo appears to be the real thing. The Lakers have other good, young talent, too.

Next summer's free agency will definitely be interesting for Laker fans.

True, but I still can't cozy up to the idea of LeBron as a Laker

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just finished watching the Pacers Cavs game. The OKC connection of Ola and Sabo wreaks havoc in Cleveland as the Pacers led most of the way and pulled away in the end. Darren Collison came up big too, as well as T. Young. Cavs give up 124 points and are the 24th in points allowed.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Cavs are off to a slow start. I liked Darren Collison when he played for the Clippers - good, solid player.

Clippers beat a mediocre Mavericks team last night. Mark Cuban was at Staples Center but didn't appear to be very happy.

My wife is a baseball fan so she took command of the big TV and I was relegated to my library TV. It was the World Series final game so seemed fair to me.

I did check on the baseball game periodically but LA didn't do much and the Astros won big. First World Series win for the Astros, so OK with me. Since when was Houston an American League team? That still seems strange to me. Dodgers are due as well - no championship since 1988.

Last edited:

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
I know it's early,but the Wizards better wake up and stop losing to lottery teams[Lakers-Suns]blowing 22 point leads at home ain't cool..stop talking and start playing.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers v Portland in Portland up next on TNT. Kenny, Charles and Shaq just had an interesting conversation about Lonzo Ball - some good, some bad.

Tough competition tonight at point guard with Damian Lillard starting for the Blazers.

Should be fun to watch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing