New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Who knows? Maybe he's secretly after Jackson after all as you say. Durant being the byword these days. With a developing Ingram and two super wing vets reportedly headed their way, I don't see LA picking JJ.

That's true, LA will have lots of wings as the C's have lots of guards. I'm trying to figure out why Ainge won't draft Fultz first and let LA and Philly draft Ball and JJ respectively, and then make the trade with Philly for JJ and the 2018 Lakers pick. At least he will be sure that JJ is going to him.

And the rejection of Fultz is a sign that Ainge will build on IT in the next 5 years and IT is due a max deal of $200m. That, somehow, makes me frown as well. I've never seen any title team anchored on a 5'9" PG although that guy may be your main point producer.

And intriguing scenario - PG13 joins Cavs, wins title with Cavs. And bolts Cavs WITH Lebron to the Lakers on 2018. :D

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woj is pointing at that scenario this early. Hope he's wrong this time.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You wouldn't want LBJ in Purple and Gold Stevie? :p

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You wouldn't want LBJ in Purple and Gold Stevie? :p

Jack I have asked myself that as I have been a Lakers fan for 40 years. Im not an LBJ fan but heck one "never says never" :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hahahaha exactly!

It isn't that I don't like him because he's a sumbich, I don't like him because he ain't MY sumbich. LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me, James in green would be like seeing Dr. J in green in the 80s after all those battles with Bird. Besides, number 23 is a retired number. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Hahahaha exactly!

It isn't that I don't like him because he's a sumbich, I don't like him because he ain't MY sumbich. LOL

Guys like Draymond Green and Serge Ibaka, even Matt Barnes fit that description exactly. You hate them until they play for your team!

Regarding LeBron, the real question is how much (or how many years) does he have left in the tank?

I would guess two really good years and then a slow fade.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Guys like Draymond Green and Serge Ibaka, even Matt Barnes fit that description exactly. You hate them until they play for your team!

Regarding LeBron, the real question is how much (or how many years) does he have left in the tank?

I would guess two really good years and then a slow fade.

Or, in the past, Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest/MWP. I got to 'appreciate' Rodman after watching his highlight reel being played in an appliance store selling huge TVs. I told my son, hold on, I never knew this guy was this good before. :D

LeBron is 32, by the end of next season 33. My guess is 35 is the year players become veteran role players. So 3 year max.. The good thing is that if he slows down, he will travel less because his rabbit hop long jumps will be shorter. :D But he can still get to confuse the refs by adding more turn around spinning drives. Those are hard to spot even on replays, if he traveled or not. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Phil, I think you have an obsession with LeBron and travelling. You mention it frequently!! ;)

Guess there a couple of players I don't like either that I complain about regularly - Draymond and Serge Ibaka for example. :cool:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
2017 NBA Draft
Boston Celtics agree to trade top pick to Philadelphia 76ers

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/17/report-boston-agrees-trade-top-pick-philadelphia-76ers

I still wince at the 'official' signing of this trade. And I read further on Ainge is 'thrilled' about this trade. He should know better as he talks to the owners and coaches each day. And I read this trade may have several hidden meanings that only Ainge knows, among them a possible trade for Butler (which I like), and a max contract for IT (which I don't really like - 5 years $200m seems too much for a 5'9" PG - I wonder how he gets to guard Curry or Thompson if ever). And I showed the highlight film of Josh Jackson to my son, mostly doing flying dunks, and he said, he looks like another Gerald Green. :D Hope he's wrong. Well, he's a Cavs fan, so he's wrong. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil, I think you have an obsession with LeBron and travelling. You mention it frequently!! ;)

Guess there a couple of players I don't like either that I complain about regularly - Draymond and Serge Ibaka for example. :cool:

That's true Mike. It's his 'legacy', in my books. :D I saw one of those in the recent Finals and I had to analyze it still. It's tricky. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

hiroshige

Feb 13, 2011
What I don't understand is if Ainge wants the guy Phila picks third and trades his first choice for him, why doesn't he just draft the kid first

By trading the 1st pick he also gets Lakers pick next year if it falls between 2-5 and if not, then Sacremento pick in 2019. So in theory Ainge gets player he wants plus a potential high lottery pick.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What I don't understand is if Ainge wants the guy Phila picks third and trades his first choice for him, why doesn't he just draft the kid first

Exactly in my mind.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
By trading the 1st pick he also gets Lakers pick next year if it falls between 2-5 and if not, then Sacremento pick in 2019. So in theory Ainge gets player he wants plus a potential high lottery pick.

There may be some loopholes here that I don't see so far, but can't Ainge draft the No.1 first, then swap with Philly's 3rd pick and THEN also get that Lakers or Sacramento pick in that package?

Swapping before the draft seems to me like Ainge is desperate to do the deal.

hiroshige

Feb 13, 2011
There may be some loopholes here that I don't see so far, but can't Ainge draft the No.1 first, then swap with Philly's 3rd pick and THEN also get that Lakers or Sacramento pick in that package?

I think that could be done since it's been done in the past, (Chris Webber and Penny Hardaway trade on draft night) but trading prior to draft, it would open up more flexibility if Ainge wanted to try to put together a package for Butler or other player. Or maybe both parties wanted deal in place so there is certainty and one party doesn't change their mind on draft night. Will be interested to see how this plays out. Will Fultz ending up being a super star they regret not drafting or will this horde of picks help Celtics compete with the Golden State super team.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing