New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Maybe I missed a previous mention but did anybody get a chance to watch the two-part ESPN 30 for 30 about the Lakers - Celtics rivalry? It was very well done - current interviews along with great game footage.

Lots of great stuff going back to Bill Russell, Red Auerbach, Larry Bird, Jerry West, Kareem , Magic and all the other stars and coaches on those two teams.

I recall when the entire NBA held its breath while LeBron decided where he would go when he left Miami. They all thought one man 2could do it.

Maybe I missed a previous mention but did anybody get a chance to watch the two-part ESPN 30 for 30 about the Lakers - Celtics rivalry? It was very well done - current interviews along with great game footage.

Lots of great stuff going back to Bill Russell, Red Auerbach, Larry Bird, Jerry West, Kareem , Magic and all the other stars and coaches on those two teams.

A friend told me about this, but it's not available here locally. Have to dig it out someday. That was one fierce rivalry. Clash of Titans.

http://www.therichest.com/top-lists/top-100-richest-athletes/

MJ hit the 1 B mark early last year I think. I can't believe "Let's get ready to Rumbllllllllllleeeeee" is richer than Mayweather!

I would believe MJ's net worth has a large chunk of it due to his ownership of the Bobcats. I heard his Nike deal continue to give him huge revenues when he retired, and somehow he was able to put some of those into buying part of the Bobcats and later on majority of it. Magic Johnson was telling Ellen how in his time Nike offered him stocks in exchange for his endorsement and he turned it down because at that time he knew nothing about stocks. And every time he enters a Nike store he gets mad. Can't blame him.

https://sneakernews.com/2017/04/21/magic-johnson-turned-down-nike-contract/

I've followed Vince McMahon's WWF since 1980 till it evolved into the WWE (buying rival WCW) and has made wrestling not a sport but an entertainment. In the early days, he was just an announcer of the matches and little did I know his father founded the WWF. As an announcer I watched in shocked as one episode had him interviewing a top wrestler who then proceeded to rip off McMahon's shirt till it was torn while he screamed left and right in horror. I know now why he would subject himself to such 'drama', and little did I know that everything that went on the ring for decades was scripted. It just lacked the end credits for a director, which was actually himself. He has the 'brains' and maybe foresight to hire or bring in Donald Trump into his wrestling world, to wrestle a bit. Leading to the infamous loser goes bald match. I'm pretty sure he's in good graces with Trump as his wife was appointed Small Business Administrator.

Last edited:
I think Donald Trump, Vince McMahon and professional wresting have a lot in common....and I will stop there so as not to get political. :)

I admit I used to watch wrestling on TV in the mid 1980's. It was when my kids were very young and I was up early on Saturdays tending to their needs. I even used to have fake wresting matches with them and they always pinned me. Hope the fake wrestling didn't warp their minds!! My wife still torments me about the time I called a paid phone number (pre-internet) to get the results of a pay per view wrestling match. Please don't judge me!

When I was a kid a professional wrestler lived across the street from us. My mom would always admonish me when I hung around with his son. She perceived him to be a hoodlum. She wasn't all wrong but all I ever did with him was walk to the drug store and read comic books.

Back on topic, I see the Celtics pulled off the big trade with the 76ers. Danny Ainge strikes again. More than one NBA analyst believes there is more to come for the Celtics.

I think Donald Trump, Vince McMahon and professional wresting have a lot in common....and I will stop there so as not to get political. :)

I admit I used to watch wrestling on TV in the mid 1980's. It was when my kids were very young and I was up early on Saturdays tending to their needs. I even used to have fake wresting matches with them and they always pinned me. Hope the fake wrestling didn't warp their minds!! My wife still torments me about the time I called a paid phone number (pre-internet) to get the results of a pay per view wrestling match. Please don't judge me!

When I was a kid a professional wrestler lived across the street from us. My mom would always admonish me when I hung around with his son. She perceived him to be a hoodlum. She wasn't all wrong but all I ever did with him was walk to the drug store and read comic books.

Back on topic, I see the Celtics pulled off the big trade with the 76ers. Danny Ainge strikes again. More than one NBA analyst believes there is more to come for the Celtics.

Now that you mention it, ahmm, I did what you did too. My son would always challenge me for a 'match' every night since he got hooked on that Batista guy who had Filipino roots (and actually came to Manila for a title fight with Triple H). :D He wanted a replica championship belt and I got him one while we were in NYC then. :D And that belt was put in the corner of our bed and the first one to grab it wins! I had to grapple him hard to prevent him from getting it. :D Well, maybe not that hard. :D

Celtics fans are mixed with Danny's move. He actually is trying to do what Auerbach did. But that was almost 4 decades ago. I don't know if it's really wise to trade away a consensus No. 1 pick for a No.3 but maybe he's planning to sign IT to the max contract next year which makes me wince bec having IT as your main man, as good as he is offensively, will have defensive liabilities given his 5'9" size. He's trading away a 6'4" PG Fultz for possibly a 6'8" wing in Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum. The risk is that the Lakers could pick either of them, whoever is 'better'. And, I'm not too happy that he's getting just 1 extra pick instead of 2. And it might turn out to be the Lakers' projected lottery pick in 2018.

Just for fun while we all wait for draft night. Maybe the incoming rooks should see this. Nobody is safe from social media, not even hall of famers! LOL

Just for fun while we all wait for draft night. Maybe the incoming rooks should see this. Nobody is safe from social media, not even hall of famers! LOL

Haha... Dikembe's voice is patented. Next to his index finger doing a No No No after a blocked shot. :D

My worst fear! I think given the Pacers had the lowest point diff against the Cavs in the easter playoffs, the Cavs get to scuttle one potential division and conference rival in one swoop. The addition of PG13 will also give them a lockdown big wing helping them switching versatility. Worst of all PG has the ability to take games over giving Kyrie and LBJ more time to rest. This small lineup looks really scary

Irving
Smith/Shump
George
James
Thompson

not bad looking next to the revised lineup of death

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
Iguodala

What I would much rather see is...

Paul (rumored)
Leonard
George
Aldridge
Gasol

The only thing that would make sense with him going to the Lakers is if someone else meets up with him there. Someone even better than him...... Otherwise I think it's Love for PG in Cleveland. Either way I think he'll be with a "traveller"......

On my camp, things looks quite Bad if Trigger Happy Danny is set on dealing his first for a 3rd plus ONLY a protected pick of the Lakers in 2018 (it has to fall between 2-5 for the C's to get it) or it will be a 2019 Sacramento pick. Bummer. :(

And reports are that Ainge is favoring Josh Jackson at 3rd but Lakers CAN pick Jackson at 2nd so what Ainge will lose are BOTH Fultz and Jackson, leaving him with BALL???? Heaven bless the Celtics!

The only thing that would make sense with him going to the Lakers is if someone else meets up with him there. Someone even better than him...... Otherwise I think it's Love for PG in Cleveland. Either way I think he'll be with a "traveller"......

Danger is PG might learn to travel, in court and off court. LOL

On my camp, things looks quite Bad if Trigger Happy Danny is set on dealing his first for a 3rd plus ONLY a protected pick of the Lakers in 2018 (it has to fall between 2-5 for the C's to get it) or it will be a 2019 Sacramento pick. Bummer. :(

And reports are that Ainge is favoring Josh Jackson at 3rd but Lakers CAN pick Jackson at 2nd so what Ainge will lose are BOTH Fultz and Jackson, leaving him with BALL???? Heaven bless the Celtics!

Who knows? Maybe he's secretly after Jackson after all as you say. Durant being the byword these days. With a developing Ingram and two super wing vets reportedly headed their way, I don't see LA picking JJ.

Projected Sixers starting lineup

Fultz
Reddick (?)
Ben Simmons (!)
Saric
Embiid

Looks like a playoff team. I expect to see the Pacers and Bulls out of the playoffs and the Sixers in 7th or 8th with either the Heat or Charlotte. Top 6 looks to stand pat.

Projected Sixers starting lineup

Fultz
Reddick (?)
Ben Simmons (!)
Saric
Embiid

Looks like a playoff team. I expect to see the Pacers and Bulls out of the playoffs and the Sixers in 7th or 8th with either the Heat or Charlotte. Top 6 looks to stand pat.

Agreed, Jack. As long as Embid and Simmons don't fall into injuries again. These rookie injuries are worrisome. And Sixers still have Okafor, yet another lottery pick, and their salaries are mostly in the rookie range, so far from the cap. Another thing about Danny's move is that it's making the Sixers stronger and they could be meeting in the conference playoffs reminiscent of the Dr. J vs Bird wars or the Igoudala vs Pierce meetings. Goodness, I really hope you are really pulling a rabbit out of your hat, Danny - like Anthony Brow Davis, and the Celtics fans will continue to REALLY trust in you. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing