New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
WOW!

They're still 25/55 /.312, 41 games behind GSW, 15 games out of the playoffs ...and they still suck.

Dan surely you must realize that my comments about my favorite team are all tongue in cheek. They do suck

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Heat fought to OT till they earned a win over the Cavs, and that game the C's a full 1 game lead. If ever there is a tiebreaker, I read that Cavs will win it. Heat and Bulls still tied at the 8th with 1 game to go. Never had this so exciting in the East in a long time.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I really hate the Cars now. I cheer for them once, ONCE and this is what they do Aaaarghhhh! I hope the Celtics keep that No.1 Spot and that the Raptors obliterate the Cavs in the second round.

As predicted Cleveland rest of their big three. As a result they lost and Boston won. This leaves Boston one game ahead of Cleveland.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
tmp-cam--396760335.jpg

Found this four leaf "clover" to wish the Celtics all the best in the playoffs. Their official logo has only 3 leaves. :D

db09f14549942846bc79ea0ce0141508_new-york-atlantic-yards-15-the-celtics-logo-clipart_319-314.jpeg

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Your "clover" appears to be taking steroids! :)

Clippers beat Houston last night but the Rockets didn't care since their playoff seeding is set.

Utah beat Golden State but the Warriors didn't care for the same reason.

Down to the last game to determine the 4th and 5th playoff seeds in the West between the Clips and Jazz. They will play each other in the first round but which team has home court is still up in the air.

If they tie in the standings, Clippers get home court due to lead in season series.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ahhh so simple out in the West! :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It is almost time for the that annual soap opera, "As Lebron James Turns." A hall of fame player from any position on the floor. Will he or will he not grace us with his magnificence and establish himself as the greatest NBA player of all time?(Sorry Michael) or will he be content to shine his light on his teammates in hopes they will shine brighter than their talent seemingly allows? Tune in folks only time will tell.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Your "clover" appears to be taking steroids! :)

Gotta hand it to the Japanese for 'greening' up their greens. :D I saw this in a Japanese Department store called Muji in Hong Kong last month.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It would be fair to say that LeBron is controversial. Even a few on this board don't seem to like him. ;)

I have to admit I wasn't a fan when he went to Miami. I like him more back in Cleveland.

My current least favorite player is the dirtiest player in the NBA.....Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors.

I do have to say that Cleveland doesn't appear to have their act together at the moment so they would not be my pick to win it all right now.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Draymond is certainly not the cleanest but the guy I give the honor to is Matt Barnes who is playing now guess where

As I think I've said here before, Matt Barnes is the guy you love when he is on your team and hate when he is on the other team. That said, I liked Matt when he played for the Clippers. ;)

I think Derek Fisher should keep his head on a swivel in case Matt shows up.

The Warriors picked Matt up after the Kings let him go. That was good for him.

Now Matt is an enforcer for sure but I don't recall him taking as many "nut shots" as Dirty Draymond.

I guess Green hasn't figured out that a team's enforcer is not a starter but is usually an expendable bench player.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It would be fair to say that LeBron is controversial. Even a few on this board don't seem to like him. ;)

I have to admit I wasn't a fan when he went to Miami. I like him more back in Cleveland.

My current least favorite player is the dirtiest player in the NBA.....Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors.

I do have to say that Cleveland doesn't appear to have their act together at the moment so they would not be my pick to win it all right now.

Lebron, who has always been a rival to the Celtics in the East, wasn't as hateful to the C's fans in his first 8 years since he and his team were eliminated in the playoffs. :D But ever since his first 'travel' to Miami, no C's fan will ever like him again. :D And he still is being boo'ed to this day in the TD Garden, which I feel is a mistake. I think he whips up his own controversy to win, which of course he didn't do in his first 8 years since he wasn't getting a shot at the title. And he gets the media's attention but actually uses it for motivation. So I'd like to see the day when the media shuts up on him. He might 'wilt'. :D

Cleveland might be playing possum right now. Keep the opponents guessing. They have lot of players, even newly acquired veterans like Korver and Derron Williams who are sniping the lights out lately. I have noticed in both Atlanta games, the outside shots of the Hawks were falling in like rain. It is hard to defend against a spread our corner offense loaded with 3 point shooters, and that is one way to beat the Cavs who has an excellent defense. Most of the Cavs losses are close games, and opponents need to nail their 3s to beat the Cavs, imo. And this is why I think Brad Stevens had demanded that all his players should practice their 3 balls. The trend lately in the league is swing the ball around till you find an open 3 ball guy waiting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very bad news for NBA fans in this country. 2 cable channels showing NBA suddenly stopped airing, with the cable company stating some issues have to be solved, and stay tuned. And playoffs is just around the corner! We're back in the stone age if this doesn't get resolved.

Sa-dono

Dec 29, 2016
As I think I've said here before, Matt Barnes is the guy you love when he is on your team and hate when he is on the other team. That said, I liked Matt when he played for the Clippers. ;)

I think Derek Fisher should keep his head on a swivel in case Matt shows up.

The Warriors picked Matt up after the Kings let him go. That was good for him.

Now Matt is an enforcer for sure but I don't recall him taking as many "nut shots" as Dirty Draymond.

I guess Green hasn't figured out that a team's enforcer is not a starter but is usually an expendable bench player.

Agreed! I'm a Warriors fan, but can't stand Draymond taking all those cheap and dirty shots, and then acting like he's innocent. He should be suspended more. But obviously the league wanted the Warriors/Cavs matchup in last year's finals.

Sa-dono

Dec 29, 2016
It is almost time for the that annual soap opera, "As Lebron James Turns." A hall of fame player from any position on the floor. Will he or will he not grace us with his magnificence and establish himself as the greatest NBA player of all time?(Sorry Michael) or will he be content to shine his light on his teammates in hopes they will shine brighter than their talent seemingly allows? Tune in folks only time will tell.

I hope you're joking. There is no way he'd be a hall of fame player at the 5, and probably the 4. He's too soft. I understand he's muscular and strong, but he's a whiner, and there's no way he could bang with the bigs on a nightly basis, when he needs to take so many rest days.

That's why he couldn't be the greatest of all time, either. He's lost in the finals, and the game has altered to provide advantages for the offense. Now, there are times you can barely tap a guy on defense, but the offense continually gets away with push offs and moving screens.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can only monitor the games via my monitor as my cable provider seems to be having contract issues with NBA's provider here.

Cavs resting their big 3 again, and down by 19 at the half. It is very possible that the Bulls and the Heat will end up tied for the 8th spot after tonight.

Last edited:

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Phil, fly out here to the home of the Dubs and watch with the whole city as they march toward their second trophy in 3 years.:cool:

Oh, and Draymond. My man Dray Dray. LOL. He's the best defensive player in the league by a country mile. Who else can not just guard but stop D. Lill and Rudy Gobert? He's the kind of guy you love when he's on your team and hate when he's not. He's this era's version of Dennis Rodman (minus the nose ring, tats, hair dye and dresses).

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil, fly out here to the home of the Dubs and watch with the whole city as they march toward their second trophy in 3 years.:cool:

That's a very tempting proposition, Ron, and if they vanquish the Cavs, I'll be with you guys in spirit watching the parade.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing