New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I dunno Bob, I don't remember a time where there were so many high rebounding wings ever. I believe the use of the 3-ball has made long rebounds much more common these days.

Bulls are looking great. You must be happy!

I dunno Bob, I don't remember a time where there were so many high rebounding wings ever. I believe the use of the 3-ball has made long rebounds much more common these days.

Bulls are looking great. You must be happy!

That's a good point on long rebs/3 ball. Still have the sense though that Dwight doesn't dominate the paint as much as he should given his size/athleticism. Didn't Moses, et al used to swat wings like flies?

Bulls are a team of winners who havent played full strength yet. I expect the Cavs though to figure it out after some growing pains.

Hi

I hate to be so dismissive: "Dwight Howard" and "Champions" do not belong to the same sentence unless it has a strong negative qualifier ...

Hi

I hate to be so dismissive: "Dwight Howard" and "Champions" do not belong to the same sentence unless it has a strong negative qualifier ...

I tend to agree Frantz

The west is just so good this year that IMO whoever wins the west will win the championship

Portland looked amazing last night

The west is just so good this year that IMO whoever wins the west will win the championship

Portland looked amazing last night

I think so too, Steve, re the West.

I hope Portland will finally remove the heartbreak kid tag since the Rasheed/Pippen days when they blew a big lead with minutes to go in crucial playoff game against the Lakers. :D

Hard to think of any team that will beat the Spurs if the Spurs maintain that kind of play that devastated the Heat last June. It could be a battle of Texas come next playoffs plus the exciting Warriors and Blazers.

In the meantime, we C's are staring at another lottery reunion party with Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers. Getting to be an embarrassing sight. :D At least Cleveland won't be taking No. 1 anymore but Philly always threatens. :D

I think so too, Steve, re the West.

I hope Portland will finally remove the heartbreak kid tag since the Rasheed/Pippen days when they blew a big lead with minutes to go in crucial playoff game against the Lakers. :D

Hard to think of any team that will beat the Spurs if the Spurs maintain that kind of play that devastated the Heat last June. It could be a battle of Texas come next playoffs plus the exciting Warriors and Blazers.

In the meantime, we C's are staring at another lottery reunion party with Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers. Getting to be an embarrassing sight. :D At least Cleveland won't be taking No. 1 anymore but Philly always threatens. :D

The Spurs are certain;y the faves however there are so many great teams in the west. The Clipps should be the fave to upset the Spurs but they are playing terribly. I somehow still can't see the Rockets running the table but the season is young.

I have to say that OKC will continue to plunge in the standings while their 2 stars remain injured.So for now OKC might be down in the bottom tier if they qualify.

Memphis looks amazing but somehow again I don't get that fuzzy feeling

Where I feel some excitement is watching GSW and Blazers play. IMO they can beat anyone in the west but can they do it in a 7 game series.

I've heard a few rumors today but that's all they are

1. Lakers are going after Rondo

2. Straight up trade Rondo for Kyrie Irving

Heard the Lakers Rondo bit but who are they gonna give us?

First time to hear the Rondo Irving rumor but if it happens, I can accept it.

That trade would be a real win-win IMO.

That trade would be a real win-win IMO.

Do you think Kyrie Irving (who I think is (was) the best player on the team but now has the best player in the league with him) who is a PG was trying to say something by taking 38 straight shots without one assist. Is he trying to freeze out LeBron or just trying to make a statement.

Either way that was the rumor I heard, however Lakers have to do something because they easily could lose the next few games and be 0 and whatever

I watched the Cavs get mauled and what I noticed was that KI was taking a lot of shots because James and Love weren't exactly working very hard to get open/ create their own space. James was actually standing around a lot. Seems he is the one not used to having someone else run an offense. I don't think its entirely fair for the press to be blaming KI. However, if KI's shots were mostly penetrations I wouldn't have any problems with the volume of shots he takes. So, I don't think KI was trying to make any statements. Love got to pinball his way better to his spots and James has got to get better at positioning himself for drop passes and lobs instead of hanging out on the wings all the time so he can snipe or put the ball on the floor. Too predictable.

IMO, Cavs need a pass first/slashing/rebounding PG and Boston could definitely use more scoring punch.

Kobe probably has to do 50 ppg in the next few games to snatch some wins. 39 is close but no cigar. Here is an interesting roundup of the worst start since 1957 when they were still in Minnesota.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-plaschke-20141105-column.html

And Byron Scott being compared to George Mikan (as a coach). Mikan was 9-30 before being fired.

Ainge did the right thing, imo, in trading Garnett and Pierce last year. These 2 were due 20+m, somewhere near Kobe's annual now. And what C's got were lots of draft picks for rebuilding. C's had a headstart in rebuilding while the L's are still waiting for Kobe to whatever in the here and now, before even starting to rebuild . Loyalty has a price. And yeah, season tickets too.

I watched the Cavs get mauled and what I noticed was that KI was taking a lot of shots because James and Love weren't exactly working very hard to get open/ create their own space. James was actually standing around a lot. Seems he is the one not used to having someone else run an offense. I don't think its entirely fair for the press to be blaming KI. However, if KI's shots were mostly penetrations I wouldn't have any problems with the volume of shots he takes. So, I don't think KI was trying to make any statements. Love got to pinball his way better to his spots and James has got to get better at positioning himself for drop passes and lobs instead of hanging out on the wings all the time so he can snipe or put the ball on the floor. Too predictable.

IMO, Cavs need a pass first/slashing/rebounding PG and Boston could definitely use more scoring punch.

True Jack. It's hard to be the Cav's coach right now. He's gotta be cracking his head trying how to suddenly use his 3 nuclear weapons and create a fission. :D Spoestra took so many losses and threats to his job on his first year with the big 3 to figure out a system. If the Cavs are patient, they should get there too. Rondo should really fit in with the Cav's talents. Then the C's will have Irving, maybe Adridge, and Klay Thompson...In fantasy basketball. :D

Nevermind Aldridge, go for Unibrow! :D

Last edited:
The prices for Lakers tickets are stratospheric.

A friend has season tickets in the 200 level - that's lower bowl but second level behind the baskets so good seats but not prime seats.

He pays over $300.00 per ticket. For a pair of tickets that's over $25,000 for the season - almost as much as some guys on this forum spend for a cable. :D

In his case he owns a business so it may make some sense but for a guy with a family working for a living - that's out of reach.

I went to a few playoff games back in the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Jackson era and the arena was electric. Those games were worth the price of admission.

The current Laker team doesn't justify the price....unless you are a celebrity sitting courtside for free.

Unibrow Davis has come of age, finally. Rebounding, blocking, shooting. Pels beat the Spurs and he's the highlight man. I need to search when he's gonna be a free agent and write Danny A. :D

*Found it. 2016 he becomes a Restricted FA. He makes 5.6m now and 7m next season.

Unibrow trivia: AD started basketball as a guard he switched positions when he shot up 8 inches in height. No wonder.

At the rate the season is going so far for the Lakers, this should be good news.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....kers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs8iiiiii8i8i88

I think Love will re-sign with the Cavs - unless its a total disaster there which is unlikely. Cavs are off to a slow start but should get it together at some point. In the old days the Lakers got whomever they wanted one way or another. No longer the case, at least over the past few seasons.

Clippers play the Spurs tonight. Never know who will or won't play for the Spurs. San Antonio is playing GSW tomorrow night on a back to back so more likely the Warriors will get lucky and face a lesser lineup.

Clippers played much better against Portland in the second half of their last game and won. Hope they will continue to play better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing