New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Just found out the JJ Barea has also returned 'home' to Dallas. Reuniting him with Tyson Chandler for a reboot of the 2011 title team. Too bad, Jason Kidd can't return, he's busy milking the owner in Milwaukee. :D

Too bad, Jason Kidd can't return, he's busy milking the owner in Milwaukee. :D

At a total loss why anyone is paying Jason Kidd to coach both on ability and character issues.

OKC is just a mediocre team without KD and Westbrook

The Lakers are a less than mediocre team even with Kobe back

He says he bleeds Lakers blood and will retire a Laker

I'm really surprised how little they've done to improve the team since they let Harden go.

I'm really surprised how little they've done to improve the team since they let Harden go.

what I've read before is the okc is a small market and can't pay mega deals for bigger names, hence they're stuck with the talents they have which are mostly Draft picks and then some

what I've read before is the okc is a small market and can't pay mega deals for bigger names, hence they're stuck with the talents they have which are mostly Draft picks and then some

SA manages. More difficult no doubt but they've done nothing. Doesn't all need to be mega-pickups.

SA manages. More difficult no doubt but they've done nothing. Doesn't all need to be mega-pickups.

well yeah that's true Bob. they've done nothing.

rockets starting hot and looking real good. Not even feeling the loss of parsons. but they have Ariza. Texas is well represented. :)

Ariza is a solid defender, one of the few I've seen who gave a younger Kobe real problems. I'm puzzled why the Lakers let him go after their 09 championship run. Speaking of Kobe, he went for 39 in another losing effort.

Ariza is a solid defender, one of the few I've seen who gave a younger Kobe real problems. I'm puzzled why the Lakers let him go after their 09 championship run. Speaking of Kobe, he went for 39 in another losing effort.

They didn't let him go. He was a FA and signed with another team. I liked him as well

They didn't let him go. He was a FA and signed with another team. I liked him as well

He could have been a restricted or non restricted FA then, I am not sure which. But basing on the interview here, Steve, it seems Ariza is saying the Lakers 'let him go' by not re-signing him an offer sheet:

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/trevor-ariza-the-lakers-overlooked-how-i-helped-them-win-the-title

You have been traded several times during your career. Which of those trades disappointed you the most?

TA: The most disappointing trade that I had is when I got traded from Houston to New Orleans. But as far as throughout my whole career, when the Lakers did not re-sign me that was kind of disappointing as well.

Why?

TA: I was disappointed because I felt like... This is my hometown, Los Angeles, we had just won a championship. Me helping win that championship... They overlooked that. I didn't hang my head or cry about it. I just went to the gym and try to do the best for the team that I would play for the following season.

Wizards are playing good basketball, taking off where they left off in the last playoffs. With the addition of Pierce, they will have someone to take the shots a crunchtime. Wall is bloomng as a premiere guard. And can't wait for Beal to return. Exciting team. Over the West side, GS is as exciting as ever, trouncing the Clippers big time.

spurs vs rockets and mavericks vs blazers tonight. The Texas teams get tested.

I thought GS embarrassed the Clipps.

I think the Warriors can go deep this year

The Clippers have not played well this year, starting in Preseason. The Warriors were hot last night, shooting 60% beyond the arc (15 of 25).

Combine those two factors and you get a blowout by the Warriors.

The only good news was that the Warriors didn't commit any overt muggings during the game - that's a reflection in their change in coaching.

I was sorry to see Mark Jackson go. :)

Steve Kerr will be a much better coach than Jackson. Its hard to hate Steve Kerr.

Not sure why Popovich held out Duncan and Ginobli so early in the season. I thought losing losing Chandler Parsons would hurt the Rockets but they are 6 - 0 so far this year without him.

Portland crushed the Mavs, too.

So far Houston, Portland, Memphis and the Warriors are looking really good in the West.

Dwight Howard may be the last of true 'dominating' centers after the Shaq era, and he has a chance of proving it if Houston goes as far in the playoffs. Harden can be the ball hugging scorer that they need for the whole game, and the support is coming too with Patrick Beverley and Terence Jones sidelined. Terry can replicate his microwave ways in Dallas, and I can see coach McHale is digging deep into his bench to develop some young talents. Portland is playing great too so far.

Dwight Howard may be the last of true 'dominating' centers after the Shaq era, and he has a chance of proving it if Houston goes as far in the playoffs. Harden can be the ball hugging scorer that they need for the whole game, and the support is coming too with Patrick Beverley and Terence Jones sidelined. Terry can replicate his microwave ways in Dallas, and I can see coach McHale is digging deep into his bench to develop some young talents. Portland is playing great too so far.

I'm with Shaq on Dwight H -- given the lack of centers in the league, no reason he shouldnt average 18-20 rebounds a game.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing