rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
the video of the injury is on YouTube and is pretty gruesome

Can't even finish reading the description of how he fell on the net. Makes my stomach turn. Hope Paul gets well soon.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Three-team Kevin Love deal 'is done,' could involve Anthony Bennett

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/04/an...cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-philadelphia

A three-team deal among the Cavaliers, the Timberwolves and the 76ers that would send Andrew Wiggins to Minnesota and Kevin Love to Cleveland is not only "done," but could also involve Cleveland's Anthony Bennett and Philadelphia's Thaddeus Young, reported ESPN's Brian Windhorst on Monday.

Windhorst told ESPN Radio New York:

Anthony Bennett, who's on the Cavs right now, could get re-routed to Philadelphia in part of a deal for Thaddeus Young. There will be draft picks involved, but essentially what you need to know if you're an NBA fan: Kevin Love will end up in Cleveland barring anything unforeseen, and Andrew Wiggins will end up in Minnesota.

Windhorst also said that the three teams' draft picks could likely be involved, and that Young and Bennett's involvement in the trade could potentially come as part of a separate deal that swapped the two players for one another.

The Cavaliers are not allowed to officially trade Wiggins until August 23 due to a rule stipulating NBA draft picks cannot be traded until 30 days after they sign with their drafting team.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't want to look at the PG video but my friend kamikaze pic'ed me! DANG!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he can play as well as he did. By some strange coincidence I had just read that Andersen Silva of the UFC who also suffered a compound fracture will be fighting again soon. I figure, if a guy can still kick with a leg that went 90 degrees , another guy can still run and jump on one.

I will be eagerly awaiting the Bulls vs the Cavs. LBJ's going home was a major PR coup. The haters have dried up really quickly. Myself included.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If Love to Cleveland happens, it would be interesting to see if he will sign for multi-years with the Cavs or be 'rented' for a season. Clearly James wants to equate his homecoming to a title to add impetus to his return and Love is a great addition. He now has his 'Bosh' in Love (can shoot 3s, rebound and post low), his 'Wade' (sort of) in Irving, and he's got Mike Miller for the 3s. James might actually think he's still in Miami. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll take a healthy Irving to the 2014 injured Wade. I think I'd also take Love over CB4. Why? I can imagine the crisp passing with those three on the floor. Maybe not Champ SA crisp, but it should be good viewing. I think Phil, watching the original Dream Team play spoiled me forever. 4 touches in as many seconds ending in a basket would do that to anybody!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll take a healthy Irving to the 2014 injured Wade. I think I'd also take Love over CB4. Why? I can imagine the crisp passing with those three on the floor. Maybe not Champ SA crisp, but it should be good viewing. I think Phil, watching the original Dream Team play spoiled me forever. 4 touches in as many seconds ending in a basket would do that to anybody!

Agreed Jack, I see both Irving and a possible Love arrival as 'upgrades'. Yeah, 4 touches in 4 seconds. It should spoil any hoop fan. :) And, Lebron doesn't need to play PG much in Cleveland, I think he's much better at the 3 position.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Blatt runs an offense based on ball movement and motion too. Should be fun to watch. Lebron has Magic-like court vision too.

Excited too about the Bulls/Cavs matchup. Should be two very good teams.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Die is Cast. Wolves got a good deal, it seems, Wiggins, Bennett and and 1st round pick. Flip struck the best deal he could ever have rather than waiting for 1 more season and let Love walk away for nothing. The games maker should pit the Cavs against the Heat on opening might - that should be quite a game, drama and talent-wise.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ebron-james-gets-what-he-wants-183153111.html

Ball Don't Lie
Kevin Love is a Cavalier and Andrew Wiggins goes to the Wolves, because LeBron James gets what he wants
By Dan Devine 3 hours ago Ball Don't Lie

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
While we all recover from the slight depression of our teams not landing Kevin Love, let's get a little laugh from this outrageous 3 on 3 game between Barkley et al and 3 SUMO wrestlers! And Michael Jordan was the referee. Never knew this ever happened. :D One sumo even hit a 3! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Happy days ahead for the Clippers and their fans.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I must say the Cavs are assembling quite a team around LeBron as other unsigned FA's such as Shawn Marion are jumping on board for the elusive ring

Imo, they're moving in the right direction towards a title.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I must say the Cavs are assembling quite a team around LeBron as other unsigned FA's such as Shawn Marion are jumping on board for the elusive ring

We'll see what Marion's got left, but yeah, particularly as a Bulls fan, the Cavs team-building is bummin' me out.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We'll see what Marion's got left, but yeah, particularly as a Bulls fan, the Cavs team-building is bummin' me out.

At least you got your star player back Bob. I lost mine. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing