New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The $$$ should be the main reason. But I think his wife wants to live in NY too. Btw, I haven't heard Amare's name in the Amnesty List. :D Boozer, yes. But it's time to amnesty Amare. :D

I get the wife thing (believe me!) and the $$$ of course, just skip the public declarations of winning being the priority.

He could have taken less money too to help build a winner.

And yeah, they'd love to amnesty Amare but that card was played. Would have been better off letting Billups complete his contract, though that's easy hindsight.

Last edited:
I get the wife thing (believe me!) and the $$$ of course, just skip the public declarations of winning being the priority.

He could have taken less money too to help build a winner.

And yeah, they'd love to amnesty Amare but that card was played. Would have been better off letting Billups complete his contract, though that's easy hindsight.

Well, Phil Jackson has 5 years (of Melo) to get a title to NY. Their lineup is basically the same (for now) except for a new coach and maybe some young rookies.

Houston let Parsons go to Dallas. I would have been surprised if they matched the big Dallas offer sheet. But they got Ariza from the Wizards. And the Wizards got Paul Pierce.

Did anyone notice Knicks let Lamar Odom go?

Well, Phil Jackson has 5 years (of Melo) to get a title to NY. Their lineup is basically the same (for now) except for a new coach and maybe some young rookies.

Houston let Parsons go to Dallas. I would have been surprised if they matched the big Dallas offer sheet. But they got Ariza from the Wizards. And the Wizards got Paul Pierce.

Me thinks Knicks starting five is different. Melo, Sam D., Hardaway, Calderon and Bargnani (?)?

Last edited:
Read that in passing though I was not even aware Odom was a Knick last season.

They picked him up after the season in some weird convulated type contract.

Jackson said he was unfit to play.

Dallas is slowing building up its team again. With Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Parsons, Monta Ellis and Felton in the lineup. And Rick Carlisle as a championship coach, this is the team the took the Spurs to 7 games in the first round just a few months ago, without Chandler, Parsons and Felton.

Dallas is slowing building up its team again. With Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Parsons, Monta Ellis and Felton in the lineup. And Rick Carlisle as a championship coach, this is the team the took the Spurs to 7 games in the first round just a few months ago, without Chandler, Parsons and Felton.

Wait until they see the real Felton.

Can KG still be effective at this stage for the Nets?

NEWS OF THE MORNING

Report: KG open to Nets return? | Report: Spurs, Bonner reach deal | Bulls round out roster | Ariza-to-Houston deal grows

No. 1: Report: KG still ‘excited’ to play for Nets — Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Garnett will be entering his 20th NBA season if he chooses to play in 2014-15. The likelihood of him playing next season was always up in the air … but is it even more so now? Garnett’s longtime teammate, Paul Pierce, agreed to a deal with the Washington Wizards over the weekend and led some to think perhaps KG will hang it up for sure this summer. ESPN.com’s Mike Mazzeo writes that Garnett may still be back in Brooklyn next season anyway:

Despite the loss of Paul Pierce via free agency, Kevin Garnett likes the direction of the Brooklyn Nets and is “excited” about joining them for the upcoming season, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.

Garnett, who turned 38 in May, is due $12 million in 2014-15, which would be his 20th NBA season.

He has yet to publicly announce that he’s playing this season, but all indications continue to point that way. On Saturday, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com that the Nets still expect Garnett to return.

Pierce elected to sign a two-year contract with the Washington Wizards for $11 million with a second-year player option, sources told ESPN.com.

Pierce and Garnett had been teammates since 2007-08. They won a championship together with the Boston Celtics.

Watched some highlights of Wiggins and Bennett in the Summer League in Vegas and good to see Bennett playing sharp ball. He can't be all that bad to be benched all season long.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing