My humble 2CH room!

Less than 6 hours to go before the speakers arrive! Yes....I'm COUNTING THE MINUTES!:D

Have some music lined up that I can't wait to hear:

Alan Parsons - I, Robot
Steely Dan - Aja
Frank Sinatra - At The Sands
Rickie Lee Jones - S/T debut
John Lee Hooker - The Healer

Congratulations John,

We are very eager to read a report and see a photo or two. I bet they are going to be wonderful.

Congratulations John,

We are very eager to read a report and see a photo or two. I bet they are going to be wonderful.

Thanks Joe! As soon as they're installed I'll take some pics and post them. And probably some initial impressions as well!:D

They're here, but not yet installed as they were sitting in a cold truck all day. I was advised to connect them in about 3-4 hours only, so it looks like just after dinner for me......more waiting....dang! Anyway, they are gorgeous and there isn't a mark or blemish on them. The finish on them is "sick". Beautiful. Here's a few pics, although please excuse the crappy camera results.

IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1466.JPGIMG_1467.JPGIMG_1468.JPGIMG_1469.JPG

Enjoy them John. You deserve them.

Thank you very much Steve! :D And a big thank you must go out to Gary as he helped me so much with this purchase.

The gentleman that dropped them off said I actually had a very nice acoustic space and felt that I could really get a lot out of the speakers because of it. Can't wait to hear if that's true.

Very Nice! Gotta be hard to just LOOK at them! Have a good night, we probably won't see you on the forum until you come out for air....

Lee

Probably not. LOL! I'll try to come back and leave some early impressions!

Cool. Did they come with setup instructions? If not I'm sure Gary can email you some.

No, but Gary has them online and I've been reading them for a few weeks now. (Not that I was anxious or anything). Haha!

Looks exciting!

Congratulations John, they look fantastic. Do you have any type of control on the back firing tweeter?

Very nice job John, very nice! And congratulations to Gary for making it... happen!

They're here, but not yet installed as they were sitting in a cold truck all day. I was advised to connect them in about 3-4 hours only, so it looks like just after dinner for me......more waiting....dang! Anyway, they are gorgeous and there isn't a mark or blemish on them. The finish on them is "sick". Beautiful. Here's a few pics, although please excuse the crappy camera results.

View attachment 7534View attachment 7535View attachment 7536View attachment 7537View attachment 7538

Nice John ,

What finish (colour) are they in , I see a rear firing tweeter also ..... Enjoy ...:)

Very purty. Genesis fit and finish looks top notch.

Looks like John has been swept away by the music and has forgotten to log on......hehehehehehe. :D

Oh John....

Oh John....

Yessss???? LOL!

Quick update! I didn't have nearly enough time last night to listen to them, plus I was really tired and couldn't focus in. I'm doing a little bit of listening today, but again, I don't seem to have the focus I really need, so I'll refrain from making any comments until I can spend the day with them on Saturday. Initial impressions are very eye(ear)-opening though and as I said to Gary when I met up with him at TAVES, they have a wonderful balance across all ranges. For instance, I was listening to AJA and the cymbol work on that record is something I've always enjoyed and could be heard clearly and distinctly even through the build-up crescendo of an accompanying sax. The detail was exemplary and that's with a crap cartridge. I think I'm going to have to install the Ortofon Black a little sooner me thinks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing