My current listening space and gear

Shadowfax

Jul 17, 2014
Southampton-Bucks County PA

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
They are VTI but I chose a strange configuration with silver tubes and gold caps. I have not filled them but they hold all my gear.

Not to worry...you should see the way I dress on weekends! :p:)

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
<Desperately trying to blot out any image of whatever Johnny Vinyl might be wearing this weekend.>

Is that a Counterpoint amp on the bottom? Looks like the one I have in storage... Afraid to turn it on since they are essentially impossible to repair now.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Nice! Are VTI and Loran racks the same (because those are the same racks as I have in my home theater)?

Have you investigated the sonic effect of the leather sofa? Although I love the looks and durability, changing out the leather sofa in my listening room was one of the best moves I have made (from a sound standpoint.)

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Nice! Are VTI and Loran racks the same (because those are the same racks as I have in my home theater)?

Have you investigated the sonic effect of the leather sofa? Although I love the looks and durability, changing out the leather sofa in my listening room was one of the best moves I have made (from a sound standpoint.)

Same sentiment here. I swapped leather for cloth and the difference in sound was not subtle. I'm looking for a replacement now, but material type seems to eliminate most everything my eye is drawn to.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
The question isn't whether or not it will wear out (probably not) but rather what it is probably doing to the sound of your room and music (probably not good)

Shadowfax

Jul 17, 2014
Southampton-Bucks County PA
The question isn't whether or not it will wear out (probably not) but rather what it is probably doing to the sound of your room and music (probably not good)

I understand that, but I am not really in a position to chuck my Natuzzi and buy something else.

I have a second setup in the family room, but also have a Leather Love seat plus upholstered chairs.

System 2 is currently-

Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos Plus > JM Labs Tantal 509s > OPPO 93 > All Tara Labs cabling. No good pics of that setup at the moment.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing