Mike Lavigne's new speakers

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
C'mon Mike

Spill the beans.

What is the new speaker?

Personally, I believe it's the new Evolution Acoustics top of range model.

I could be completely wrong ;)

But, we all want to know :p

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm putting the house on them being Cerwin Vegas, 1985 vintage.
Given the choice btwn the new EAs and Alsyvox Rafaellos for the same price, I know which ones I'd buy.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm putting the house on them being Cerwin Vegas, 1985 vintage.
Given the choice btwn the new EAs and Alsyvox Rafaellos for the same price, I know which ones I'd buy.

given that he seriously took your advice for rim drive and LT, do you think the new Zus are a possibility

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
given that he seriously took your advice for rim drive and LT, do you think the new Zus are a possibility
No. He may be impressionable. Just not naive.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I've tried to smoke Mike out to no avail.
Now I am content to wait for the bog reveal.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've tried to smoke Mike out to no avail.
Now I am content to wait for the bog reveal.
If I had that money, I'd also be on the bog thinking how to spend it.
Does Mrs. Lavigne ever get a look in?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
good morning gents,

as my ad says; my speakers sell, my speakers don't sell, i'm good either way. so maybe the most likely result is no change. in which case talking about what my choice might actually be seems fruitless. logically the new Evolutions are a strong possibility, which i will not deny. they are certainly very worthy.

i have to admit the voracity of recent visitors telling me i'm crazy to mess with the synergy i have now is a big factor in my mind set. you think about wanting to change because...........and.........and then realize careful what you ask for. when i think about steps i can achieve for something more musically, as opposed to change for change sake and getting some pretty new thing, it makes me pause.

so there you go. and targeting a particular choice will not help the selling process.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Does Mrs. Lavigne ever get a look in?
as far as in my listening room, she is there occasionally. not as much as i would like.

my wife knows i have been thinking about new speakers for a time, but that's it. Jonathan and i had been discussing the new Evolutions and me for the last 3-4 years as they were being developed......and my wife was aware of that. which as much as anything is how i came to be thinking of changing. and i kept telling him that i was not hearing anything to cause me to want to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
good morning gents,

as my ad says; my speakers sell, my speakers don't sell, i'm good either way. so maybe the most likely result is no change. in which case talking about what my choice might actually be seems fruitless. logically the new Evolutions are a strong possibility, which i will not deny. they are certainly very worthy.

i have to admit the voracity of recent visitors telling me i'm crazy to mess with the synergy i have now is a big factor in my mind set. you think about wanting to change because...........and.........and then realize careful what you ask for. when i think about steps i can achieve for something more musically, as opposed to change for change sake and getting some pretty new thing, it makes me pause.

so there you go. and targeting a particular choice will not help the selling process.

Good move for no change, Mike. Plus, your current speakers look so much better.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Here is to the big reveal party.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
good morning gents,

If I had the proper space in my room I’d purchase Mike’s speakers as they are incredible speakers at an absolute wonderful price! But alas unless I build our new home - which will be at least a 6 month project - they just won’t presently fit.

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Build a new house in 6 months? You're my new hero :)
Our builder does it on a regular a basis. He has all his subs lined up - exclusive builder. But we added a listening room to his plan (and it’s detailed plan), so things may not work out as we are hoping. And he’s been very slow with pricing, which has me concerned….

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Johan K

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Our builder does it on a regular a basis. He has all his subs lined up - exclusive builder. But we added a listening room to his plan (and it’s detailed plan), so things may not work out as we are hoping. And he’s been very slow with pricing, which has me concerned….

he must have googled and realised that those who can have an audio listening room can pay unbelievable amounts for not much. He must still be pinching himself that his client is an audiophile so he will price what looks like a bargain

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Modular construction? Remember everything in construction either takes six months or two weeks. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Chop and Bobvin

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
he must have googled and realised that those who can have an audio listening room can pay unbelievable amounts for not much. He must still be pinching himself that his client is an audiophile so he will price what looks like a bargain
You may be right. I’m just glad I’m not paying him by the hour.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Modular construction? Remember everything in construction either takes six months or two weeks. ;)

Our home will be small - only 3000 sq feet or so. It’s a retirement home and it’s just me and my better half. We desire less to take care of. The builder just built one like it but w/o the audio room. That one took him app. 5 months, but it doesn’t have many of the luxury details that we desire to have… So, he added a month for good measure.

Back to Mike’s speakers.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
3000 sq ft (278.7 sq m) is definitely not that small:)

Back to Mike's new speakers

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing