Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
And?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I have the Golden Gate DSD only balanced on order :)

I have upgraded throught the lampizator ladder really quick. In 10/2014 I bought the Lampi DSD only, in 02/2015 I already had the Big 7.

Once you hear what Lampi can do on DSD - nothing is the same again.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Imagine that Joe is raving about his Bal B7 and he has not even tried the DSD yet!!!! I told him to buckle up and the first track to try is MJ's THRILLER.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

I have upgraded throught the lampizator ladder really quick. In 10/2014 I bought the Lampi DSD only, in 02/2015 I already had the Big 7.

OMG! Can't wait.

Imagine that Joe is raving about his Bal B7 and he has not even tried the DSD yet!!!! I told him to buckle up and the first track to try is MJ's THRILLER.

I'm saving myself for a special moment :D

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

Then Joe only had seen the tip of an iceberg so far. Lampi's DSD engine is its raison d'etre.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Adam, but you keep getting the DSD only. You should try the PCM too

Sfox7076

Jul 8, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
My power cable to the Lampi is an older Sablon Robusto. Great cable, just wish it was less thick.

I am selling my single ended Lampi Big 7, Gen 5 with 128 DSD to move up the line to a Golden Gate. Throwing in some great tubes to sweeten the deal. I hope it sells, but summer is slow...

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Adam,
Bonzo is right. You have to hear PCM on the GG. For the extra price get the PCM included. I heard the SE GG and PCM was DAMN close to DSD. Can only imagine what balanced brings to the SQ.
Can you loan a balGG with PCM before committing?

Blue58

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
My power cable to the Lampi is an older Sablon Robusto. Great cable, just wish it was less thick.

I am selling my single ended Lampi Big 7, Gen 5 with 128 DSD to move up the line to a Golden Gate. Throwing in some great tubes to sweeten the deal. I hope it sells, but summer is slow...

Which tubes???

Sfox7076

Jul 8, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
Which tubes???

Norman,

You know, it always depends on price. That said, I am including the stock rectifier (Chinese 274b), an NOS RCA JAN 5u4G, an NOS RCA JAN 5R4GY, a pair of RCA or Cunningham globe 45 output tubes, and a pair of GE 6A3s. Could be convinced to part with an OSRAM U52, or some Western Electric tubes (I have a pair of 275As, a pair of VT-52s, and a 422A rectifier that I could part with and maybe a pair of ST shaped 101Ds, but any of those are going to be a pretty pricey upgrade).

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I hear you. But even the "standard" extras are quite nice..6A3, 5r4gy, cunninghams, etc.

The stock Chinese 274b is also pretty useful.

Sfox7076

Jul 8, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
Posted pics of the tubes included on AC. I am not going to start posting WE pics unless I get serious inquiries. Summer will be slow, but I am hopeful.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

And here is the less thick, and perfect companion to your Golden Gate or any Big7.

Just got two Sablon Audio Corona Reserva power cords in the house and Mark has done a beautiful cosmetic job on these. Much better than the proto version I tried on the GG. I now have the chance to use them on my amps to see how far they take them. So far everything sounds so alive similar to how I remember them enhancing the GG.
Now I have to find a way to pay for them. I don't think I can live without them. DSC06132.JPG DSC06130.jpg

Blue58

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
And here is the less thick, and perfect companion to your Golden Gate or any Big7.

Just got two Sablon Audio Corona Reserva power cords in the house and Mark has done a beautiful cosmetic job on these. Much better than the proto version I tried on the GG. I now have the chance to use them on my amps to see how far they take them. So far everything sounds so alive similar to how I remember them enhancing the GG.
Now I have to find a way to pay for them. I don't think I can live without them. View attachment 21505 View attachment 21506

Blue58

Hi Blue,

I concur with your views on the Reserva power cord. I too have purchased one as there was no way I was sending it back - added so much dimensionality, potent bass, and clearer delineation of instruments.

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Another happy user of the Sablon Audio Reserva Corona power cord. I use mine on APL DSD-S DAC which is very picky. It has never sounded that good

Cheers,
Marcin

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Another happy user of the Sablon Audio Reserva Corona power cord. I use mine on APL DSD-S DAC which is very picky. It has never sounded that good

Cheers,
Marcin

Apologies for moving off the lampi thread but.........

currently using these cords on my Supanova45 AMPS in place of VHAudio Airsine which I've always admired for their balanced and slightly warmer approach however these Reserva are quieter, greater detail, like fingers on strings and minute details in the soundstage but without the highlighting that some cords bring to the presentation. Fantastic ambience retrieval, a forward presentation that I love, as usual, and the bass is tight but not too tight or overblown. By contrast the VHAudio Airsine are deep but perhaps too warm/bloomy in the bass.

They are, on my AMPS a combination of warmth/humanity with detail retrieval but without sounding too hard. They are fast and hang onto notes with plenty of decay.
They weren't for me, an OMG moment but they sneak up on you and especially with live music give you that wonderful you are there moment ...with bells on.
So you get the warmth with the detail, the organic sound with dynamics, and a density and truth to recording. You just know when things are right.
I can only think how the cords would play synergistically if a third was on the AA, another picky player.

I have them for two more days before they move on but honestly I NEED these in my system.

OK, lets get back to Lampi. Tube rolling on GG anyone?

Blue58

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing