Lampizator or PS Audio Directstream DAC Mk2?

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
Dave, bummer you had so many issues. I received my TRP SE last week. At the 50 hour mark I was wondering if I made a costly mistake going with the TRP, it was sounding bad, two or three nights in the beginning I left the room and let it play, it was rough. 115-120 hours it's calmed down and and I'm enjoying listening to music again. It is still changing the way it sounds at 150 hours. Others on WBF report 300 hours is when it's good to go.

Nov 19, 2023
Hertfordshire
Dave, bummer you had so many issues. I received my TRP SE last week. At the 50 hour mark I was wondering if I made a costly mistake going with the TRP, it was sounding bad, two or three nights in the beginning I left the room and let it play, it was rough. 115-120 hours it's calmed down and and I'm enjoying listening to music again. It is still changing the way it sounds at 150 hours. Others on WBF report 300 hours is when it's good to go.
Yes I expect a burn in journey. I am leaving it on 24/7 in the early days and just leave it playing to help speed up the process.

Reactions: christoph

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
I left mine on for 36-40 hours straight the first two days I had it. Once I started to cycle it on and off, burn in happened much faster. Fred from Lampiator NA recommended this and I've found it to help speed things along. Other manufacturers recommend letting the components sit off for a few hours regularly to speed things up too.

I've been leaving it off for 2-4 hours then power it back up.

Reactions: christoph
Nov 19, 2023
Hertfordshire
Hi All - got my PSVANE ACME 274B Rectifier a couple of days ago. Honestly - what a difference! This must be a mandatory option on this DAC. Crazy good! Can't write any more...got listening to do...

Reactions: keithc

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
Excellent. I too am enjoying 274B rectification. I have an EML mesh that I really like and an Elrog. I had to build a lampshade for the Elrog because it is so bright but I think it is my favorite and I have the EML in my amp.
Enjoy!
Jerry

Nov 19, 2023
Hertfordshire
Now that I believe the TRP3 is now fully burned in, I am looking for some power tube options to consider moving forward. I know its a matter of taste but I prefer the fuller sound of the KT series tubes. Anyone out there tried different versions of the KT tubes and found a favourite? The stock KT88 are the PSVANE UK-KT88

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing