Greta Thunberg loses out on Nobel Peace Prize. How could so many be wrong?

Did the Nobel Judges get it right by not awarding Greta Thunberg the Novel Peace Prize

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

There are two sections of the forum where the Nobel Peace Prize could go in, this is one of them.
Good read ...

? https://nationalpost.com/news/world...greta-thunberg-loses-out-on-nobel-peace-prize

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Maybe St. Greta can scowl at the Nobel Committee as she did President Trump.

I mean, WTF do adults know?

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I think giving it to a petulant child who appears to be completely ungrateful to be living in the safest, healthiest and wealthiest moment in human history would perfectly reflect the culture of the Nobel committee....

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I think giving it to a petulant child who appears to be completely ungrateful to be living in the safest, healthiest and wealthiest moment in human history would perfectly reflect the culture of the Nobel committee....

Oh boy, another climate change denier...

Sorry, that's the only explanation I can find for such a silly post.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I will reply with these short clips ...

Didn't the child actress playing Newt in Aliens quit acting soon after? Greta still has some years in her.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh boy, another climate change denier...

Sorry, that's the only explanation I can find for such a silly post.
Al, no problem w climate change (so to speak). I just have an issue w Extinction Rebellion aiming to send us right back to the stone age.

Reactions: GSOphile

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Al, no problem w climate change (so to speak). I just have an issue w Extinction Rebellion aiming to send us right back to the stone age.

Care to explain?

Reactions: infinitely baffled

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I applaud Greta, may be not not necessarily in the content of her message or how she conveys it, but in the fact that she has helped to give the discussion some momentum, this thread being one example of that. Unfortunately the subject is so complicated that most of us have no chance in hell of balancing facts against rants on social media. The incessant chatter telling us all to go vegan is a prime example of middle class comfortable living minions having a constant tirade without understanding the real living conditions of people and not understanding the food industry.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Who won it?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Care to explain?
Al, just read what ER want for us all. The way I see it, is the UK is already ahead of many other Western countries in doing our bit. And when we contribute no more than 5% of total global emissions compared to China at, what, 40%, I think I can see where the problem is.

I look fwd to Greta touring China, Africa, Latin America and Asia, telling up and coming countries they can't have a piece of what the US and Europe have had over the last century.

I'd be way more impressed by her if she did that. But she won't, because she'd be rightly rejected as an imperialist hypocrite.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Quite right. ADULTS sorting out complex issues.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Didn't the child actress playing Newt in Aliens quit acting soon after? Greta still has some years in her.

I don't know Marc, I didn't check.

What I do know is how Greta started not long ago and how it took off big time across the globe...thanks to her.
_____

Bud, not only the article is in the link of my first post but the third photo gave you the answer; it wasn't Greta.
And Jeffrey is mainly right...from reading the article.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If she won the Nobel Peace Prize would be about as prestigious as a gold star on a kindergartners homework.

Reactions: Mikem53
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing