zyx universe optimum

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I've listened to the Optimum for short auditions in my system and a friend's system with which I am quite familiar. Best sounding cartridge I've ever heard.

Reactions: bonzo75

zermatt

Oct 5, 2010
wash dc
I am using one, and in a few weeks I will have the gold wire version. Its addictive. Prepare for some long nights listening.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
@Tango has it with various carts in his system

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
So delicate, yes.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I own one and think that it is the best cartridge I have ever heard. I am awaiting a Bergmann Galder/Odin and will use that cartridge in the TT and use it with my new VAC phono stage. it is so realistic and delicate,

Hello!

Did you ever install the ZYX on the Odin? If yes, please give us your impressions.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Purely out of curiosity have you compared on the Odin the ZYX to any other cartridges (on the Odin)?

I ask because I am trying to decide whether I should install first on my future Odin a ZYX UNIverse Premium or an Opus 1.

harleyguy

VIP/Donor
Mar 6, 2015
Purely out of curiosity have you compared on the Odin the ZYX to any other cartridges (on the Odin)?

I ask because I am trying to decide whether I should install first on my future Odin a ZYX UNIverse Premium or an Opus 1.
was recommended by kronos to use odin other 2 carts the gold finger statement and the koesu blue lace I am using kubala sosna. the odin sounds fantastic

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Seems there is a misunderstanding.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seems there is a misunderstanding.

agree Master Tang,

Harleyguy; relative to these fine cartridges, are you referring to Nordost 'Odin' (or Odin v2) phono cables? or the Bergmann Odin tonearm which you originally referenced much earlier?

reading what you wrote today it appears your comments reference Odin cable.....since then you mention Kubala Sosna.

and if it is an Odin cable, please be more specific as to what Kronos recommended for which cartridge as it's a little vague.

harleyguy

VIP/Donor
Mar 6, 2015
agree Master Tang,

Harleyguy; relative to these fine cartridges, are you referring to Nordost 'Odin' (or Odin v2) phono cables? or the Bergmann Odin tonearm which you originally referenced much earlier?

reading what you wrote today it appears your comments reference Odin cable.....since then you mention Kubala Sosna.

and if it is an Odin cable, please be more specific as to what Kronos recommended for which cartridge as it's a little vague.
yes mike i am bad was refering to odin phono cable long night lol

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing