Zu Audio Interconnects

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Who has Zu Audio interconnects?

With which other interconnect did you compare them before making your decision?

Who has compared directly and leisurely in his own system Zu Audio interconnects with the interconnects of another manufacturer?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, I did run a handful of Zu Event cables in my system 5 or 6 years ago.
Good as they were, they didn't beat my Audience Au24 cables, and pale in comparison to my current Sablon loom.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Marc.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Zu cables do nothing wrong, v linear, uncoloured etc.
They just don't excel at the things which are most important to me, timbre, tone, density.

Anyhow Ron, I thought it was Cheap As Cheng from DDK for you?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
After spending time with Sean Casey I am considering literally commissioning Sean to make a custom cable at exactly the length (approximately 17 meters which will be verified initially with Mogami) I need based on the output impedance of the VTL 7.5 Series III preamp and the input impedances of the Gryphon bass tower and of the VTL Siegfried Series II.

Isn’t custom impedance matching based on component input and output impedances and on length of interconnect what Transparent Audio claims to do?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Go for it Ron.
Sean's loom is impressive, excellent for the price.
He's a great guy to deal with.
Do consider my current magic man, Mark of Sablon Audio, for additional cables.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Right now I am focused only on the very long interconnect issue. I don’t want David to come in and Swoosh! the preamp out of the equipment room and into the listening room to break up the interconnect length, and Swoosh! away the long interconnect and replace it with two shorter lengths of Ching Chengs!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
He does that, doesn't he LOL
At Christian SWOOSH, Entreq in the bin
At Tang SWOOSH, subs switched off
Good thing he never went over to SteveW and Audiocrack, and SWOOSH SWOOSH ditched their CS footers and Troy boxes LOL

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Remember that for long (say 20 to 50 feet) RCA analog interconnects, the most important parameter is low end-to-end resistance of the shield. There can be 20dB differences in Common Impedance Coupling noise between common coax cable types.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Speedskater. At 17m I am definitely using balanced.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
He does that, doesn't he LOL
At Christian SWOOSH, Entreq in the bin
At Tang SWOOSH, subs switched off
Good thing he never went over to SteveW and Audiocrack, and SWOOSH SWOOSH ditched their CS footers and Troy boxes LOL

Audiocrack is very happy with his achievements, and rightfully so!

Audiocrack knows better than to let David visit. Imagine how much wire and boxes would go Swoosh!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That SWOOSHing noise is the sound of superhero DDK-Man's cape as he collects up cables, black boxes and tweaks from whomever he visits.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Zu cables do nothing wrong, v linear, uncoloured etc.
They just don't excel at the things which are most important to me, timbre, tone, density.

I'll be honest- all this tone and density out of cables confuses the heck out of me. I've heard similar from Kubala Sosna which seems to push mids out with loads of presence which some enjoy, but I find the opposite of what cable is supposed to do.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith, cables as components, I hear ya.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
17m SE is ok. Longer would could have issues if it were crossing paths with other stuff. I still think it's too nutty to put the TT in another room.

So far I don't like any XLR anything. I've heard it sound OK but... meh. It's a waste of money and parts mostly.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would prefer single-ended, sonically, myself. But at 17m I think balanced is highly advisable.

Actually, a very good experiment would be to get Mogami balanced and Mogami single-ended and assemble a panel of WBF members to compare the wires. (I will provide snacks and alcohol.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing