Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
EMI isn’t perfect, but if it’s a good performance I won’t hesitate.

I started collecting Zigeunerweisen performances after one of your earlier postings.
Hi Folsom,

Now I am going after Rachmaninoff's Vocalise. I bought Vocalise in piano, cello, violin and opera. It is such a beautiful music. Sound best in cello and opera imo. Will let you know which pressing is worth having. They are not expensive.

Tang :)

Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
On Mr.Fremer's Analog Planet, I saw a video of SAT/Opus1 playing Fanfare for the Common Man. It sounded excellent on his video. Apart from his incomparable high level of professional recording he has over me, his video took out the variables of room play and speakers vs my homemade shaky vid with amps, speakers, cables and room in play. Listeners will not get an approximation of how his system sound but mine does. Different objectives. So I bought this record of Eiji Oue Minesota Orchestra Reference Recordings. The sound from this record is so majestically grand. The depth, the width, the ambient and musical impact are just impressive. If you don't already have this you should get one.

811D4D9C-3087-4696-8B8A-CE135F5111C9.jpeg

This time I let you guys hear from the side and also get a feel of my room. You have to bear with my shaky hand. What is largely lacking from the video vs real is the depth of sound field. This record really plays depth in real. And Guess what. When I listen to this youtube from speakers of my iPad mini, it actually gives better sense of ambient of my room a lot better than listening from earphone. Don't know why.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I Bonzo likes to say I am a flasher.
Please don't flash at us in your videos, doubt anything to be proud of there

May 30, 2010
Portugal
On Mr.Fremer's Analog Planet, I saw a video of SAT/Opus1 playing Fanfare for the Common Man. It sounded excellent on his video. Apart from his incomparable high level of professional recording he has over me, his video took out the variables of room play and speakers vs my homemade shaky vid with amps, speakers, cables and room in play. Listeners will not get an approximation of how his system sound but mine does. Different objectives. So I bought this record of Eiji Oue Minesota Orchestra Reference Recordings. The sound from this record is so majestically grand. The depth, the width, the ambient and musical impact are just impressive. If you don't already have this you should get one.

View attachment 54112

This time I let you guys hear from the side and also get a feel of my room. You have to bear with my shaky hand. What is largely lacking from the video vs real is the depth of sound field. This record really plays depth in real. And Guess what. When I listen to this youtube from speakers of my iPad mini, it actually gives better sense of ambient of my room a lot better than listening from earphone. Don't know why.

If you appreciate Reference Recordings and music from the XX century you should get the "Ebony Concerto" . Other than the delicious Stravinsky piece it includes several music pearls - I am sure you will love this recording. Some people consider that Reference Recordings are not "natural" but I always considered them highly. The feeling of rhythm and joy of the young orchestra and the quality of the soloist goes through the recording.

a1.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

View attachment 54112

You should play that on Opus and techdas since you haven't posted such music videos recently. Ron and others can then get a good feel for the system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing