Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Thank you Brad. Yes, I will put these Cessaro in a storage and the less high extension, better mid band, better bass, even more physical Eurodyn system will go into the room instead. :)

How did you conclude on these attributes without listening to it

Hardly Micro. Lamm and ddk filled a CES ballroom with Lamm SETs. Bionor and Vitavox. Jeff still remembers the impact experience.

Exactly. Not sure if you have been to Munich High end but they regularly show large scale WE systems with sub 1 watt and they effortlessly fill a room of 50+ seats minimum lol.

Some time I wonder how I got to where I am in audio and musical taste. I have to admit if it weren't for Bonzo I would not be enjoying classical music and my system as a whole as I am now. Classical music is what I listen to most on vinyls. I even listen to Lieder now...unbelievable because I don't understand a word he sings :D. I have to read the translation insert that comes with the album to get a clue. Do you guys know what he is singing in Strandchen? I read the translation. If I and Opa Lagonda were to interpret the meaning, we would say the guy is singing I am horny.

Here is a really good lieder album with excellent sound. Schubert Lieder Recital No.4, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau. HMV ALP1827 in mono. I bought from Discog and was at approachable price. I think this album can sound good in any system but to get an emotional involvement to really 'watch' how he sings you will need something special in your system. (Separate men from boys as MikeL liketo say) For me the Master Sig 5R does it. The Opus and the Gran Cru don't do it. ( No supremacy. Many lps I like Gran Cru and Opus more than 5R. This is why need a few carts in the system) I didn't play with my MS Mono Replay cart because it wasn't on any arm. Videos cannot show. It has to be in room listening. Actually, I think I could do better if I use the Neumann DST. I don't think I have heard a better more realistic vocal tone with such compelling emotion from other carts. I could say this because when I auditioned the DST that system also had a vdh master sig to compared. If I go audition systems I would take this album with me because I know what I would look for with that last bit when listening. PeterA should like this album very much I think.

View attachment 86438

View attachment 86439
Ordered! Thank you Tang, sounds sublime!
Looking forward to listening to it with my Miyajima Infinity mono.

Reactions: Tango and bonzo75
Some time I wonder how I got to where I am in audio and musical taste. I have to admit if it weren't for Bonzo I would not be enjoying classical music and my system as a whole as I am now. Classical music is what I listen to most on vinyls. I even listen to Lieder now...unbelievable because I don't understand a word he sings :D. I have to read the translation insert that comes with the album to get a clue. Do you guys know what he is singing in Strandchen? I read the translation. If I and Opa Lagonda were to interpret the meaning, we would say the guy is singing I am horny.

Here is a really good lieder album with excellent sound. Schubert Lieder Recital No.4, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau. HMV ALP1827 in mono. I bought from Discog and was at approachable price. I think this album can sound good in any system but to get an emotional involvement to really 'watch' how he sings you will need something special in your system. (Separate men from boys as MikeL liketo say) For me the Master Sig 5R does it. The Opus and the Gran Cru don't do it. ( No supremacy. Many lps I like Gran Cru and Opus more than 5R. This is why need a few carts in the system) I didn't play with my MS Mono Replay cart because it wasn't on any arm. Videos cannot show. It has to be in room listening. Actually, I think I could do better if I use the Neumann DST. I don't think I have heard a better more realistic vocal tone with such compelling emotion from other carts. I could say this because when I auditioned the DST that system also had a vdh master sig to compared. If I go audition systems I would take this album with me because I know what I would look for with that last bit when listening. PeterA should like this album very much I think.

View attachment 86438

View attachment 86439
Opa Lagonda speaks fluent German, and has lived in Germany, but would probably be sleeping halfway trough the first song ! :rolleyes: Yes you are right Tango, he is horny !:p

Hi Tang,

Just wondered on the approach for 1.8x1.8m baffles.

Here is the Klangfilm baffle brochure page:

73BC5EBB-A042-4F62-B031-86F44A4AF33E.jpeg

Or you could take no prisoners and go for the kill lol:

Your office will need a high ceiling though lol. Just kidding.

1FD49054-C881-4FAD-83F1-8EBB56AB5C0F.jpeg

Tang's wood again comes up short

Hi Tang,

According to the klanglim baffle drawings the dimensions are minimum dimensions/ measurements , i assume they have nothing against it making them larger .

Material requirements it simply states wood 2 cm , painted black .

:)

Last edited:
Opa Lagonda speaks fluent German, and has lived in Germany, but would probably be sleeping halfway trough the first song ! :rolleyes: Yes you are right Tango, he is horny !:p
Opa. I could imagine you singing this in a bath tub party.
(I think our joke will be deleted soon.)

Reactions: Lagonda
Hi Tang,

View attachment 86456
Wow. You are very resourceful Bill. David was saying 195cm too. But my room is not so big so I asked if 180cm is ok. He said not that we would hear significant difference. You can even put in into the wall. What matter is the wood used for making baffle. David went through experiences making these baffles. Many experts focus on WE. But Kalngfilm is David's niche. I just let him do his work.

I asked Tang offline, what he had done to make his system sound better since the highs were better and the sound was more coherent. This is not for this video alone but going back to Arpegionne and the folk song he had put up. He mentioned that he has been adjusting his EMT phono EQ by ears. So, this can be made out in videos. So much for people who do not want to observe these differences and share feedback via videos.

Geez. Man, you are an audiophile friend from HELL.
Tang, how many kids do you have?
How many (near) misses does Ked have?

View attachment 86438

View attachment 86439

I ordered a US copy before even pressing play. But when I pressed play I heard opera-ish stuff. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and Solypsa

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing