YG Hailey 2.2 + CMS CenterStage2 LS footers : Mind-blowing!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You misunderstand (and I didn't mean to suggest using only 2; "2)" was my second thought), I certainly wasn't referring only to CMS, as my post should have made clear. But if 4 is better than 3, why not 5, or 6, especially on heavier components? And would 6 of the 0.8's be better than 4 of the 1.0's or 1.5's?

On a separate note, I don't find the LS on the website or in the brochure?
We are waiting for the LS 0.8 so photos can be taken of the entire LS series it

as for why not 5 or 6 or more ..... I can’t speak for other products but Joe’s CS2 feet have been voiced for best SQ when using 4. It’s that simple

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
...I can’t speak for other products but Joe’s CS2 feet have been voiced for best SQ when using 4. It’s that simple
You know that sounds like voodoo, don’t you? I’m not trying to be insulting, only appropriately skeptical. There are a lot of similar products out there and all have their vocal supporters and often Web pages full of measurements and testimonials. I know you are enthusiastic enough about CMS to have become a dealer and I respect that, but that’s not quite enough for me to lose some degree of skepticism. I could mention that mine is mild compared to that expressed by some others (including some reviewers).

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
when Joe was still doing his research and development of CS component feet it was his initial thought that 3 would be sufficient. However his curiosity made him ask if 3 sounds terrific what do 4 sound like? Well it sounded far better with 4 rather than 3. It is for this reason we include a set of shims with each order

Steve, what material are the shims made out of? I presume the shims are meant to be placed underneath the footer. That is between the footer and the rack shelf. Is that correct?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing