Yamaha RXV385 vs Pioneer VSX 926 K: Which one?

cjtencounter

Feb 24, 2021
Canada
Hey guys, I hope I have come to the right place. I'm new here but absolutely had no clue where to get some feedback on this kinda stuff.

I'm not new to home audio/speakers but I'm no total audiophile, either. I just want sound that's significantly better than average and right now I just want to upgrade (to hdmi) from my current Denon AVR-2802 which I've made good use of for the past 5 or so years.

Currently, I have the option between these two choices:
(Not looking to spend more than $400)

YAMAHA RXV385 - $400 CAD new (with tax) 2018
71yL2G88WsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

PIONEER VSX 926 K - found one for $250 (msrp apparently $650 in 2011)
dims.jpeg
1371519-9d3cef03-pioneer-vsx926k.jpg

These two are my most trusted brands and have read great things about both. I'm edging more towards the Pioneer at the moment, but I don't know. Before I make a decision I would like to get opinions from a few others to make sure and make my decision more informative.

Thanks guys!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hello and welcome,

You might get some feedback here, but I would post over on AVS forum that has a lot more information/posts regarding receivers.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hey guys, I hope I have come to the right place. I'm new here but absolutely had no clue where to get some feedback on this kinda stuff.

I'm not new to home audio/speakers but I'm no total audiophile, either. I just want sound that's significantly better than average and right now I just want to upgrade (to hdmi) from my current Denon AVR-2802 which I've made good use of for the past 5 or so years.

Currently, I have the option between these two choices:
(Not looking to spend more than $400)

YAMAHA RXV385 - $400 CAD new (with tax) 2018
View attachment 75330

PIONEER VSX 926 K - found one for $250 (msrp apparently $650 in 2011)
View attachment 75331
View attachment 75332

These two are my most trusted brands and have read great things about both. I'm edging more towards the Pioneer at the moment, but I don't know. Before I make a decision I would like to get opinions from a few others to make sure and make my decision more informative.

Thanks guys!
I like the pioneer better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing