Wilson Sasha got Stolen

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I apologize...actually, getting anything stolen is pretty traumatic. i genuinely did not mean to make light of that. Enjoy your mighty X2s!!!

:D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have 1080P HD cameras all over, a new 3G battery backup monitored 24/7 security system, on top of that i signed up for a private security company patrolling the area and visiting my house few times a day and (always the best part for last) a big mean dog outside.

I sure hope this will stop them from coming after me again.

good luck with them carrying out the X2 Series ll

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
A member called Sonus and he own's Wilson. :confused:
If it wasn't for Sonus Faber i probably would have never got into this hobby.
My father used to own the first Extrema and then the Guarneri (30-25 years ago) and they would play in our living room, that's what got me into all of this in the first place.

My username is a tribute to Sonus

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
If it wasn't for Sonus Faber i probably would have never got into this hobby.
My father used to own the first Extrema and then the Guarneri (30-25 years ago) and they would play in our living room, that's what got me into all of this in the first place.

My username is a tribute to Sonus

I am a panel guy but this is one of a few box speakers i could live with.:)
Sonus Faber Extremas 2.jpg

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I am a panel guy but this is one of a few box speakers i could live with.:)
I agree but as long as you limit the music to a string quartet.:p

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

music@home

Feb 10, 2015
Sorry for your loss Sonus :(

They actually carried those out of your house? ..... they're not exactly lightweights either.....:eek:

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Sorry for your loss Sonus :(

They actually carried those out of your house? ..... they're not exactly lightweights either.....:eek:

Yes they did, it must have been a pro job.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey Sonus, sorry to hear about that mate. Anything stolen is never a good thing. It also keeps you on the edge, always wondering who would've done it...

The best solution in my opinion is to fully insure the entire system un personal contents insurance. That covers everything and this is exactly what I've done. Also covered the wifey's jewelry.

I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrators are known to you or may have even been in your very house at one point in time. They can be the most unassuming group of people who you'd think of.

Anyway, trust that you are able to rest at ease and listen in peace at least. I would not let anyone in unless I really know them or referred by someone. You just can't take the risk!
Take it easy mate, and have a good one.
RJ

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Thank you RJ, yesterday was my first time listening to music since it happened step by step everything is going back to normal.

The Alexandrian's are in the house!

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Hey Sonus, sorry to hear about that mate. Anything stolen is never a good thing. It also keeps you on the edge, always wondering who would've done it...

The best solution in my opinion is to fully insure the entire system un personal contents insurance. That covers everything and this is exactly what I've done. Also covered the wifey's jewelry.

I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrators are known to you or may have even been in your very house at one point in time. They can be the most unassuming group of people who you'd think of.

Anyway, trust that you are able to rest at ease and listen in peace at least. I would not let anyone in unless I really know them or referred by someone. You just can't take the risk!
Take it easy mate, and have a good one.
RJ

I do not believe that an audiophile could steal gear from another audiophile , the thief is NOT an audiophile he's a piece of garbage.

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Any idea what to do with the Sasha's crates/grills/tools?
I've posted a craigslist ad to give them away for free but no one yet replied.
Should i wait or use them as firewood?

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I am happy you have replaced your stolen equipment. As stated above I also use insurance as my backup. I have been in the same situation many years ago. The thieves are probably someone who found out you had "stereo equipment at home". It was an inside job especially if no other homes in your neighborhood were hit! They watch your movements and strike when they know you are away for the time needed. It sometimes falls back on not necessarily friends or acquaintances but someone they told in passing about your gear. That includes any and all outside workers who might have been in your house doing repair work. It is a terrible thing to have to be paranoid in this day and age, but this exact issue is why you always have to be aware.

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
I am happy you have replaced your stolen equipment. As stated above I also use insurance as my backup. I have been in the same situation many years ago. The thieves are probably someone who found out you had "stereo equipment at home". It was an inside job especially if no other homes in your neighborhood were hit! They watch your movements and strike when they know you are away for the time needed. It sometimes falls back on not necessarily friends or acquaintances but someone they told in passing about your gear. That includes any and all outside workers who might have been in your house doing repair work. It is a terrible thing to have to be paranoid in this day and age, but this exact issue is why you always have to be aware.
I agree, someone may have innocently made mention to the wrong person of a fantastic stereo system, or a contractor or repairman's visit could have sparked interest.
You may never know.
I was robbed of an expensive high end refractor telescope with all the associated accessories left unattended for 10 minutes off my front lawn.
Everyone I told agreed, the thief was waiting for just the right moment.
Now if I had lived in a crowded area, I may have felt foolish for leaving it out. But I live in a rural part of NW NJ.
On a small lake property with very little outside traffic.
I only went in the house to check on my pizza in the oven. I came out and the sizeable and heavy rig was gone.

Greg

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne

That's exactly what I'm talking about, there is no point in either showing your system or mentioning it to someone who doesn't care about music. This is an inside job and someone that knows you fairly well and your movements. I wouldn't be surprised if they have now seen your replacement Wilsons!

This is where I would go to the nearest NRA shop, purchase a big one with several high rounds and wait for the dam target to walk in, and bring em hell...
For someone to steal a personal system from a person that really enjoys their music, is scum and deserves to be dumped into never land. That's how I would deal with such scums, not wait for the dam legal system to take over, it's bloody pathetic in Australia. I really don't know what's it like in the US since I left in 1998.

Take it easy Sonus, and glad to hear that you are enjoying your music once again, that's what it's all about.
RJ

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Stick one of these in your yard:
image.jpg

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I have that one:
41RkqmwsTxL.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing