Wilson Audio vs Magico

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Two different flavors of ice cream.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Very difficult choice, I opt for W - less evil of the two.

I opt for Magicos (better defined bass and mid-range) in which there is no evil! Unbelievable sound!

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
With all due respect, do you have a personal objective in mind, or is this a theoretical question -- which could conclude with, "Magico measures better on a spinorama, but Wilson measures better in the marketplace (they sell more)"?
Regards

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Two different flavors of ice cream.

well, there is freshly hand made ice cream, and there is UPF (ultra processed food)

for those in London, Caliendo in Kentish Town got an award for the best gelato place and is indeed quite better than any tried.

Reactions: abeidrov

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Both are amazing
But which is better in your opinion and why ?
The one that plays better to your ears in your environment.

In terms of technology speaking, in my opinion Magico are more advanced, is this always going to result better performance, i think not.

There for, in my opinion, the better loudspeaker will be the one that will sound better for your ears in your room.

Last edited:

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Both are amazing
But which is better in your opinion and why ?
When are "we" going to mature as audiophiles to move past such silly questions? Do you mean prefer, because depending on the "system", including the room, what one prefers can change based on the other components in the system.

• Sad
Reactions: Audiophile666

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
A practical answer: I had this choice to make a few years ago and I chose Magico M3's. They did not require a complex set up procedure and there was a local dealer who could deliver them and set them up for me. I knew that whichever choice I made I would be happy and I was right.

Cincy

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
these aren't the only 2 brands to choose from. I see how hifi has trends that motivate different folk in different financial groups. I expect my dream system now nearly complete wouldn't even be on the typical Magico/Wilson owners audition list. For me spending the time finding the best personal value for my dollar has always been at least as fun as the purchase and use of. I'm always impressed by Wilson at Axpona, but since my listening room's a fraction of the size they demo in I never considered owning any.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing