Wilson Audio/Luxman/Innuous/MSB - T.H.E. Show 2019

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
F199BB59-FE52-4FC5-89D8-7CE27574304C.jpeg

Alex and Fabio of Alma Music & Audio hosted three rooms. Wilson Audio TuneTots fronted the smallest of Alma’s systems on display.

8DB81C6C-D681-480C-B1AB-3EA2F5252E11.jpeg

A48639C1-DE09-475C-9DE7-380A9FEECF57.jpeg

The TuneTots were driven by the Luxman 509 Integrated amplifier. An Innuous ZEN Mk3 streamed music to an MSB Discrete DAC with full power supply.

I personally have very little interest in computer speakers or stand-mounted speakers or satellite speakers. But I do want to give Wilson Audio credit for creating tiny speakers which perform and sound like at the very least much larger stand-mounted speakers.

If you want ultra high sound quality speakers for your computer or maybe even for a small bedroom system Wilson Audio TuneTots are the speakers you want to buy.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just because they say Wilson on the label? I don't think so, Ron.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Just because they say Wilson on the label? I don't think so, Ron.

:rolleyes:
“. . . tiny speakers which perform and sound like at the very least much larger stand-mounted speakers.”

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There are quite a few alternatives that do that very thing.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Ron calls them Tiny Tots. Someone else has called them Tater Tots. And I've also heard them called Tune Tots. Great job by Wilson, eh. I guess the sound is what matters.

Reactions: Number9

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ron calls them Tiny Tots. Someone else has called them Tater Tots. And I've also heard them called Tune Tots. Great job by Wilson, eh. I guess the sound is what matters.
You’re blaming Wilson for the fact that people don’t know the name of the speaker ?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

They are named TuneTots. I apologize for mis-naming them Tiny Tots.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I believe the Tot's are being rated probably a little too high over what I would expect the Luxman to contribute, along with a hell of a digital front end. The Luxman has some features that cannot be found in almost any other gear. I can't fully advocate for them as I'm not sure if I like the circuits of theirs and such, but they do a couple things correct that 99.999% of companies do not.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'll tell you what, take a look on the back and see if you notice anything different.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
What's the use case for A/B speaker binding posts? But OK... balanced and unbalanced options. Is that it? Many units provide input options, preamp outs, tape loops. I thought we were talking about things done correctly in the circuit that would affect sound.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Nope, there's a little something going on between the binding posts per channel and the RCA's; or rather there isn't something going on between them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing