Wilson Audio Announces....

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
We are proud to announce...

For the past quarter century, one iconic product has been emblematic of our quest to employ experience and technology to advance the state of the art in compact loudspeakers, while still honoring the brilliance of the original design. Now we’re about to raise the performance bar once again…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUSuYs-5V8s

etunes

Jan 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Looks great . Silk dome tweeter like XLF?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
And Series I is upgradable to Series II.. I know that's a big relief for folks!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
And Series I is upgradable to Series II.. I know that's a big relief for folks!

NO! No, Sasha 1 can not be upgraded to Sasha 2. Daryl just confirmed this with me. Sorry, guys!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Debbie, can you tell us what are the changes, besides the new tweeter, from the Sasha1?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Bummer... :(

This could be expected - if you change the balance of the tweeter you should make changes in the whole speaker parameters. I was dreaming about an upgrade for the X2, but once I listened with some time to XLF I could understand why it was not possible. The changes were much more than just the treble. So I had to get the Alexia ...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
This could be expected - if you change the balance of the tweeter you should make changes in the whole speaker parameters. I was dreaming about an upgrade for the X2, but once I listened with some time to XLF I could understand why it was not possible. The changes were much more than just the treble. So I had to get the Alexia ...

But the XLF had a whole new cabinet. I don't see this in the new Sasha.

Guess it's all speculation at this point!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debbie, can you tell us what are the changes, besides the new tweeter, from the Sasha1?

I have no more information on the Sasha 2. This was just the "teaser" to the Sasha 2. Full press release, video, and specs will be released mid Dec.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
But the XLF had a whole new cabinet. I don't see this in the new Sasha.

Guess it's all speculation at this point!

From what I know so far - at least the upper cabinet has changed.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Well that's better than the whole bottom cabinet like the XLF

According to Daryl, there are changes to both upper and lower cabinets.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby, this was an obvious move....and a good move, IMHO.Pretty soon the whole line??

Agreed. When it comes to the whole line, I don't know. I am left in the dark when it comes to future products.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
For the past quarter century, one iconic product has been emblematic of our quest to employ experience and technology to advance the state of the art in compact loudspeakers, while still honoring the brilliance of the original design. Now we’re about to raise the performance bar once again…

now I feel old. I remember when there was just the watt, well before the puppy ever existed (preferably stacked on an entec sub) and it seems like it was just yesterday.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
now I feel old. I remember when there was just the watt, well before the puppy ever existed (preferably stacked on an entec sub) and it seems like it was just yesterday.

The WATT without the Puppy? Yeah, that was more like 30 years ago ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing