Which rack i can buy???????????????

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That said I like Tang's advice for peace of mind... Using maximum budget to take a punt that may or may not improve sound
Like I said my friend. Peace of mind should be met by all audiophiles...especially Spiritofmusic :p. If you have to spend for it, do it. There is such thing as emotional buying. Check marketing books.

Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, I'm in yr thoughts, that gives me peace

Reactions: Uk Paul

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tim, my choices of Stacore, Symposium/Rollerblocks and Revopods/Panzerholz, are as close to neutral as I've found for reasonable cost.

Isolation that went in and back out for lack of neutrality include Shun Mooks, IsoAcoustics Gaias and wooden racks.

Reactions: bazelio and tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Tim, my choices of Stacore, Symposium/Rollerblocks and Revopods/Panzerholz, are as close to neutral as I've found for reasonable cost.

Isolation that went in and back out for lack of neutrality include Shun Mooks, IsoAcoustics Gaias and wooden racks.

I consider vibration mgmnt on par with room acoustics and power delivery. I suppose one's notion of reasonable cost varies. Improvements can be significant.

From what you mention I've tried the Symposium Rollerblocks - think I still have a set somewhere - don't remember what type of ball they have. From memory, they do lend some focus although they shift frequency balance with a bit of 'tizz' emphasis to the highs. Tried them on CD, Pre- and Phono. JMO. That's not to say they do that in your system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tima... The reason I haven't done rack compares is that they are difficult... Almost impossible... Including by the people I have visited. What I have done is taken my mooks around and found all racks wanting so I don't like racks. I have never gone wow, I can see what your rack can do, like I have gone wow I can see what your TT or pre can do, or even a crystal cable absolute dream. People spending on racks should spend on records instead.

Btw...i am not including TT isolation here which is a separate topic, just component racks

Reactions: tima

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting Tima...are you a proponent of either: SRA (who apparently tune each isolation block specifically to your equipment) or Active Isolation?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tima... The reason I haven't done rack compares is that they are difficult... Almost impossible...

Agreed. On and off the rack is tiring but possible. But a/b CMS with SRA or Stacore rack, can you really be certain what you really hear given the a/b or /c process has so much time gap and racing heart rate between them. I don't see any consumer have a chance and efforts to do that. I mean with these very expensive racks. So choose one over the other is mainly gut feeling and people's testimonials.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Your good fortune Khun Tang is that you are not in a situation where you will have to give up your CMS :)

There was one time I had to because a client wanted a complete set ASAP. I was miserable with his old racks LOL

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Audiophile Bill. Can you report the sound you just heard at thegeneral with his system on a wooden rack basically just made of an exotic wood.

Tang ;)

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, and my GF imagines I'm Hugh Jackman in disguise. She's used to disappointment.

I tried a couple of well regarded racks prior to settling on Symposium, and I settled on this one because it seemed to impose less of a character than others. However I could imagine circumstances where a very thin toppy sound might be accentuated into fatigue by it. For me Rollerblocks just added to the goodness as a later component by component upgrade.

Stacore is just incomparable in my opinion, it hands down beat the active Kuraka I auditioned at the same time, and easily bested the Minus K. It's truly taken my tt to unforseen (unforeheard, can I use that?) heights, and w similar effects on my cdp and preamp when I had these briefly on the Stacore, if I had serious funds I'd not hesitate at Stacoreing out the lot. But, at a cost.

RevOPods simply showed up my bespoke Lead spikes and IsoAcoustics Gaias as euphonic and coloured, and maybe if I was starting again, I'd find the most neutral, supportive and affordable rack out there, Rogoz comes to mind, and isolate w RevOPods footers. Indeed I'd say RevOPods in conjunction w Panzerholz is one of my most fortuitous discoveries late in the day re my upgrading, they've simultaneously eliminated a lot of the shortcomings in my Zus and revealed more of what makes them so special for me. More neutral AND musical.

Reactions: Stacore

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Your good fortune Khun Tang is that you are not in a situation where you will have to give up your CMS :)
No giving up CMS Khun Jack. They make me look like Brad Pitt in audio.

Tang :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
@Audiophile Bill. Can you report the sound you just heard at thegeneral with his system on a wooden rack basically just made of an exotic wood.

Tang ;)

Hey Tang,

We heard his new drivers with 46 amplifier (I don’t know what to call this amp and don’t wish to insight the antagonistic wrath of Thomas lol) with circa 3 watts yesterday. I must say it sounded incredible on his stunning Mook racks. If I had budget and it was still made I would buy the massive Mook ebony rack - stunning to look at never mind what it sounds like :eek:

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
They're discontinued I think Bill.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hey Tang,

We heard his new drivers with 46 amplifier (I don’t know what to call this amp and don’t wish to insight the antagonistic wrath of Thomas lol) with circa 3 watts yesterday. I must say it sounded incredible on his stunning Mook racks. If I had budget and it was still made I would buy the massive Mook ebony rack - stunning to look at never mind what it sounds like :eek:
I would too. It looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright design.

Tang :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
One of my more useful posts LOL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing