Whats the best audio forum?

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
Answer: What's best forum.

A special thank you to this forum
i joined recently and found info from great people guiding me safely on my journey.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks for the kudos alfa. They are much appreciated. There are indeed many knowledgeable people here at WBF whether they be hobbyists, manufacturers, dealers, reviewers or industry insiders. I am happy that you found some guiding help

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, alfa100. As a member of the management team here at the WBF, thank you for the kind words. We always hope that members find this forum a great resource! :)

Tom

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Great Forum Gents

but

Can you add a LIKE button.

It is on some other forums and I think its a great addition and an easy way to show when you like a post. Rather than reply with quote etc.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Alfa!

JackD aka the Spam Nightwatchman :D

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Like buttons add another reply and take up space in the thread view with a message layer. Plus, IMHO they are for folks who are too lazy to write something cool. Just saying. This ain't Facebook :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Great Forum Gents

but

Can you add a LIKE button.

It is on some other forums and I think its a great addition and an easy way to show when you like a post. Rather than reply with quote etc.

Like buttons add another reply and take up space in the thread view with a message layer. Plus, IMHO they are for folks who are too lazy to write something cool. Just saying. This ain't Facebook :)

When we set up the forum format IIRC that was the reason we didn't add "like" button.Perhaps people could give their opinion to the question of a like button or not

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
When we set up the forum format IIRC that was the reason we didn't add "like" button.Perhaps people could give their opinion to the question of a like button or not

5 years ago I made the mistake of joining Facebook for my 40th High School Reunion; Holy Crap! it was just too much stuff to deal with and not for me. I'm not saying that it might not be great for others......I have ignored all the personal Facebook communications since then. at work it's something unavoidable being in retail.....but away from work I'd simply like to not be bothered with it.

maybe it's that I'm interacting with 130 employees and hundreds of customers every day and 55 hours a week and I just need a little peace in my leisure time.

all the social media icons and clutter seem to 'junk up' many forums I participate in; and I prefer the class and calmness of the 'look' of WBF as it is. if the 'group-think' was to do it no big deal.....that is just my 2 cents.

Reactions: hogen

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
5 years ago I made the mistake of joining Facebook for my 40th High School Reunion; Holy Crap! it was just too much stuff to deal with and not for me. I'm not saying that it might not be great for others......I have ignored all the Facebook communications since then. at work it's something unavoidable being in retail.....but away from work I'd simply like to not be bothered with it.

all the social media icons and clutter seem to 'junk up' many forums I participate in; and I prefer the class and calmness of the 'look' of WBF as it is. if the 'group-think' was to do it no big deal.....that is just my 2 cents.
Mike, I may be the last guy on the planet not on Facebook...:cool:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I find the facebook experience to be very robust and engaging. It is VERY dependent on who is your friend and who's subsequent post appear in your newsfeeds. I have about 2200 well chosen friends with multi national viewpoints and many photos of their friends and audio systems and experiences. If you are into audio, facebook is a cross between the magazines, youtube, forums and ezines. But you have to manage it.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing