What's Spinning Tonight?

Thanks i do , i didn't know it. my favorites a "plenty of time and "low budget" with dire straits cover six blade knife from hank.
51PqLirNqwL.jpg

On a nostalgic trip again, this time back to one of my oldest cassettes.
The “Now that’s what I call music” series of compilations. If you were a youngster from England you would know about Now that’s what I call music as that’s all you could afford from your pocket money. As a teenager we bought these cassettes religiously.
We would play them on boomboxes or personal stereo’s.

I was always ready with my pocket money saved for when they are released. I bought from the very first one the one showed below to number 29, when I decided to stop buying them as the musical content went downhill when they started putting people like Spice Girls on it.
Even though I had stopped buying them on number 29, my sister bought me number 31, It was hard not to and buy number 30 to complete the set. But I know if I bought number 30, it would be a slippery slope in to keeping them going.
Now I think they are up to over number 100.

Anyway it’s brought back some very happy memories, I was even singing along with some of the tracks. It’s funny I still remembered some of the tracks coming next before they started to play, anyone used to cassettes would understand what I mean.:cool:

Now That's What I Call Music.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing