What's Spinning Tonight?

The Delfonics – The Delfonics - 1970 original pressing - bought in Compton in 1994 at a nice almost friendly black record store - well they were friendly when they realised I was buying about 10 albums.
:D

Vr35Sq6.jpg

Reactions: tom539 and facten
I wasn't familiar with Jeanette Harris until Audire posted one of her albums on here. I wasn't able to get that one via Amazon so I purchased the one below ; a good listen FMVP. I'll get her others via her website.

1664564923344.png

Reactions: Audire
Now that we finally have power back since Hurricane Ian (50 hours in the dark), I can start listening to music again...

Elbow – Flying Dream 1 + Asleep In The Back. a double shot of Elbow. their latest album is just as good as their first album 20 years ago - one of those slow burn bands and if you haven't got into them b4, time to check them out.

e0msCoi.jpg

n8GlEAO.jpg

Reactions: tom539
@Audire - thanks for turning me onto Jeanette Harris; lady can play the sax, and her music is very enjoyable . I now have 4 of her CDs - Chocolate Vibez, Saxathrone, Saxified, and the one below - Summer Rain

1664829718494.png

Reactions: Audire
Brahms - Emil Gilels, Ballade Op.10 No 4 in B major - YouTube

The 4 Brahms Ballades Op. 10 are among the most relevant pieces of classical piano music, but this version of the 4th from Gilels is really something special.

Even watched on YouTube with the audio sent to a consumer-grade pair of headphones, this interpretation is nothing short of mesmerizing.

His CD recording on Deutsche Grammophon, also available on Qobuz is remarkable as well, try also Michelangeli for a totally different take on the piece, or Gould.

@Audire - thanks for turning me onto Jeanette Harris; lady can play the sax, and her music is very enjoyable . I now have 4 of her CDs - Chocolate Vibez, Saxathrone, Saxified, and the one below - Summer Rain

View attachment 98607
She’s very good. She’s going to be at the Seabreeze Jazz Festival in Panama City next April. We’re going. Many others going as well, Richard Elliot & Rick Braun (R n R), Euge Groove, Everette Harp (Jazz Funk Soul), Pieces of a Dream, Paul Taylor, Julian Vaughn, Lindsey Webster, Peter White, and many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: facten

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing